Job: 615106 Appliance Tech
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at The Broadmoor
- 1 Penrose Room Server Assistant - COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
- 2 Internal Communications and Marketing Unpaid Intern (Spring Start) - COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
- 3 Employment Unpaid Intern (Spring Start) - COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
- 4 Play Host/Hostess - COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
- 5 Cook I - COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
- 6 Culinary Extern - COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
- View All Jobs
615106 Appliance Tech
Maintain and repair all types of commercial restaurant equipment and small appliances to include electrical controls, valves, thermostats and all associated equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Troubleshoot and repair commercial restaurant equipment and small appliances in an unsupervised environment safely and efficiently.
- Work irregular hours and be available for emergency calls as needed.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Document all work performed and parts used.
- Read and comprehend blueprints, wiring diagrams and technical manuals.
- Utilize trade tools, instruments, detection and diagnostic equipment.
- Comply with all hotel policies including safety and environmental.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following.
- Order parts and shop supplies.
- Maintain records and assist other departments in related functions.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Colorado Driver's License required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.