- Advice from Recruiters
- Our Benefits
- High School Programs
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Work-Life Balance
- Completing the Application
- Your Resume
- Pre-employment Testing Information
- Login for Returning Applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Why Work For Us
- Requesting an Accommodation
- Get Into Energy
- Water Careers
- Join Our Talent Community
- Credentialing Opportunities Online (COOL)
- Applicant Rights and Responsibilities
- Pikes Peak Living
Job: Accountant (07201)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Browse Similar Jobs: Accounting/Auditing
Pay Range: Targeted starting pay is $46,322 to $70,637
Posting Close Date: 3/6/13
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 4:00pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Please Note: This position requires candidates to complete testing in addition to your application. The test information will be emailed to all candidates once the position closes. Candidates MUST complete the testing by the deadline in order to be further considered in the selection process. Information on the testing will be emailed to candidates within 24 hours after the posting closes. Please check your email regularly.
Discover the Possibilities
The Accountant will provide professional level accounting and financial analysis relating to the operations of Colorado Springs Utilities, certain joint ventures and authorities. The incumbent will work on a team rotating various accounting tasks amongst the team members. Tasks include but are not limited to reconciling revenue receipts to the Cash Subsidiary Ledger, recording and reconciling monthly journal entries, general accounting, fixed asset accounting, and other relevant tasks.. If you possess strong accounting skills and desire to make a difference in support of your community utility then this position may be for you.
The Accountant must gain a strong comprehension of Colorado Springs Utilities operations, processes, and business objectives. They will utilize this knowledge in performing assignments under supervision including:
• Preparing journal entries, analyzing and adjusting ledger balances • Recording and reconciling significant financial transactions • Administering and coordinating corporate allocations • Developing, preparing and documenting accounting policies and procedures • Performing financial analysis on various projects and preparing detailed reports • Providing project support for new and existing financial programs • Tracking and reporting financial and statistical information on various projects and assignments • Coordinating billings and other transactions • Preparing financial statements and reports • Preparing tax calculations • Answering inquiries from employees and departmental personnel • Establishing and maintaining specialized accounting records • Troubleshooting problems by gathering, researching, and analyzing data
Therefore Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities we seek include:
• Accounting methods and principles • Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) • Fixed Asset Accounting • Data collection techniques • Analytical techniques • Strong computer and related software skills (MS Excel) • Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce accurate, prompt and reliable results • Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities and meeting tight deadlines • Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally
Education: People in this occupation have a completed Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a closely related field.
Experience: People in this occupation have about two to four years experience in a relevant accounting or finance field. Also, should have the ability to work in a team environment and maintain cooperative working relationships at multiple levels within a diverse workforce.
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
• As a community-owned enterprise for over 100 years, we offer the stability of providing a required service and commodity for our community. • We are a diverse team of professionals who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community through new and innovative technologies. • We understand employees have competing priorities. That is why we have created an environment which embraces teamwork and flexibility.
Join a diverse team of high performers who take pride in delivering exceptional service to our community!
Skills / Requirements
- Become a pipe fitter at Colorado Springs Utilities
- Become a utility worker at Colorado Springs Utilities
- Customer service representatives at Colorado Springs Utilities
- Supporting our military/veteran employees at Colorado Springs Utilities
- 2012 Annual Report
- Join The Team, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Colorado Springs Utilities' workforce
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Community Focus Fund
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Waste Water Treatment specialist
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Gas Construction career
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Electric Construction jobs