Job: CAGS Student Services Advisor
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Colorado Christian University
Colorado Christian University
EMPLOYMENT AT CCU
* Human Resources Home
* About Us
* Why Work at CCU?
* Application Process
* HR Team
* Maps and Directions
Location:Southern Colorado Center - Colorado Springs
Department:CAGS Student Success
Job Type:Full time
* Committed follower of Jesus Christ, who believes there is no salvation apart from faith in his atonement on the cross, by grace alone becoming 'born again' thus beginning a personal relationship with Christ, the Son of God.
* Able to effectively communicate personal faith and apply biblical principles and convictions in the workplace. Must have a strong sense of calling to the ministry of Colorado Christian University.
* Regularly attend and be engaged in meaningful involvement in a Bible-believing evangelical local church. Knowledgeable about the Word of God and passionate about Christian education.
* Must be a traditional evangelical Christian whose lifestyle is in consonance with sound Christian principles, is compatible with CCU's Statement of Faith, and is in agreement with the Strategic Objectives promulgated by the University.
The Student Service Advisor (SSA) represents the university to College of Adult and Graduate Students (CAGS) by guiding, assisting, and advocating for them. The SSA ensures that students meet all necessary program requirements while disseminating information on institutional policies and procedures. The SSA position is a key component in the retention of students through outstanding customer service. Exceptional communication and organizational skills are required. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities and be results-driven toward the attainment of posted goals. A polished, professional demeanor and appearance are required for this position. The SSA works regular business hours, which may include evenings and weekends.
1. Provide timely and responsive customer service for students to include collecting transcripts, evaluating transfer credits, building, evaluating, and updating degree plans, assisting students with their financial aid, registering students, and advising students on their academic program through graduation.
2. Support and serve the center, staff, students, and guests as needed to reflect the Lord's glory.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with the university community, individual students, classes, and general audiences; maintain high standards in face-to-face, telephone, and written communication.
4. Work effectively and positively with other CAGS staff and faculty to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the university community.
5. Initiate and conduct individual follow-up with students and other clients.
6. Maintain student records on-line.
7. Other duties assigned by the Regional Center Administrator.
1. Highly motivated to achieve goals.
2. Previous admission, public relations, marketing, customer service, or similar experience highly desirable.
3. Demonstrated ability to present high value products or services.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member and as an individual contributor.
5. Able to work in a high energy environment and simultaneously manage multiple tasks.
6. Ability to learn and use admission, tracking, and student software effectively.
7. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Nature of Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, you may be required to walk; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; speak with clarity, have appropriate vision and hearing capabilities. Requires sitting at a desk, working on a computer, and conducting phone conversations for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. You may be required to work occasional irregular hours, including some nights and weekends
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Colorado Christian University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status. CCU does reserve the right to exercise preference on the basis of religion in all of its employment practices. All employees who work at CCU must demonstrate a spiritual testimony consistent with our evangelical mission and follow our lifestyle expectations.
Colorado Christian University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees. The benefit programs include: group health-dental-life insurance, 403b plan, paid vacation, paid sick leave, tuition waiver program, paid holidays, short-term disability, long-term disability, and a leave of absence program.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct to our application page. We look forward to hearing from you!