Job: Cell Technician
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Verizon Wireless
- 1 Solutions Specialist (part-time position)
- 2 Retail Sales Solutions Specialist Fort Collins Part Time 20 to 25 hours
- 3 Retail Sales Solutions Specialist Fort Collins Full Time - Fort Collins - 373526-1A
- 4 Retail Sales Solutions Specialist Fort Collins Full Time
- 5 Retail Sales Solutions Specialist - Westminster - 373587-1A
- 6 Experience Specialist (part-time -20 to 25 hours) Denver Metro - Wheat Ridge - 360220-1F
- View All Jobs
Bachelor degree preferred. Minimum 2 year technical degree is required.
Minimum 2-years of experience plus electronics training in one or more of the following fields: telecommunications, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio is required.
Demonstrated knowledge of the following technologies and/or platforms: voice cells infrastructure experience including: Lucent, Motorola, Nortel; CDMA data; telecom experience including: T1, DACS, OMP; computer support experience including: PC hardware and configurations, troubleshooting; and power experience including: Galaxy, Lorain, DC distribution systems, and troubleshooting.
Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook is required.
Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. is required.
A valid driver's license is required.
This position is responsible for the proper operation of a large group of Network Elements. Duties in support of interdepartmental objectives, to include preventative and remedial maintenance, installation, optimization, building and ground upkeep, and integration of network hardware and interconnect facilities. Other responsibilities include maintaining and repairing all base station equipment and transmitters; maintaining site and test equipment inventories; testing and analyzing network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity and quality; updating daily logs with site-specific information; composing clear and concise reports for system documentation; and performing audits as required by local, regional, Area, Corporate or Regulatory agencies. The Cell Technician is expected to be able to perform his duties with little supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
Performs preventative and remedial maintenance on all base station and transmitter equipment. Performs installation and optimization of same. Performs routine building and grounds maintenance and inspections. Integrates Network hardware and interconnect facilities.
Analyzes network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity. Makes recommendations to engineering for improving network coverage and implement.
Maintains inventories of test equipment, base station, and transmitters.
Updates daily logs with site-specific information.
Composes clear and concise reports for system documentation.
Skills / Requirements
- 1Solutions Specialist (part-time position)
- 2Retail Sales Solutions Specialist Fort Collins Part Time 20 to 25 hours
- 3Retail Sales Solutions Specialist Fort Collins Full Time - Fort Collins - 373526-1A
- 4Retail Sales Solutions Specialist Fort Collins Full Time
- 5Retail Sales Solutions Specialist - Westminster - 373587-1A