Job: Home-Based Satellite TV Technician/Installer
Job Reference #: 67_Center29591CO
This Home-Based Satellite TV Installer/Technician will have the opportunity to begin and end their business day from home and be the face of Dish in their local community!
Our Home-Based Satellite TV Installer/Technicians will also have the following:
- Minimum 5’x5’x10’ covered and secured area at technician residence
- Computer with broadband internet
- Ability to plug in all DISH Network chargeable devices
- Dedicated off street parking at technician residence
- Ground floor access for equipment (preferred)
A successful Satellite TV Installer/Technician will have the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, being resourceful, and strong multi-tasking skills
- Basic computer skills; basic electronics and/or audio/video knowledge is helpful.
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of integrity.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates and remain within the individual weight requirement of 275 lbs.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- High school diploma or GED preferred; college or technical/vocational school a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the State you are seeking employment in, with a driving record that meets DISH's minimum safety standard.
- Cable industry experience is a plus.
Do you enjoy physical indoor/outdoor work, talking with people, providing customer service and learning new technologies? Are you seeking an opportunity where you have independence, confidence, and control your success? Are you a natural leader who is adaptable and willing to learn new skills? Then being a DISH Satellite TV Technician/Installer is your calling. At DISH, we invest in our Satellite TV Installers/Technicians. We provide classroom and on-the-job training as well as a van, tools, and uniforms. Our Satellite TV Technicians/Installers are responsible for multiple customer visits daily which could include completing site surveys, installing satellite equipment, ensuring a quality broadband internet connection and educating our customers on our award-winning DISH Satellite TV services. Bring your computer, electrical, maintenance/repair, general labor, cable, military, customer service and/or customer relationship experience to DISH!
What’s in it for you?
- $13.00 / hour
- DISH provides our technicians with paid training, uniforms, cutting edge tools, a fuel card, and a vehicle
- Progressive incentive program for providing additional solutions to customers - As you earn points, you may choose from thousands of rewards such as digital tablets, riding lawn mowers, or even airfare to Hawaii!
- An opportunity to earn additional bi-weekly incentive pay through achieving your performance goals!
- Have 3 days off per week – we schedule our technicians to work 4-day work weeks
- Highly independent work with unparalleled promotional opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including complimentary DISH Network service, paid time off, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, employee stock purchase program, and tuition reimbursement
Satellite TV Installers/Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Conducting site surveys - determine the best positioning of our equipment for strongest signal reception
- Installing cutting edge technology - place mounts, satellite dishes and receivers while ensuring broadband connectivity
- Educating customers - review order with the customer and teach them the basics to use and enjoy their new service and equipment
- Providing Dish Smart Home Services - successful technicians offer our customers additional services and products while earning incentives and building new skill sets that will propel them into the future of in-home services delivery
For more information, please click here
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online