Job: Pastry Cook II (Full-time/Variable Shifts) $10.50/hr
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center
- 1 Building Maintenance Shift Engineer (Full-time/Variable)
- 2 Culinary Pastry Intermediate Cook (Full-time/Variable Shifts)
- 3 Sales - Executive Sales Meeting Manager
- 4 Housekeeping PM Lobby Porter (Full-time/Flexible Shifts)
- 5 PBX Operator (Full-time/Variable Shifts)
- 6 PBX Operator (Part-Time/Variable Shifts)
- View All Jobs
Browse Similar Jobs: Restaurant/Food Service
Position Title Pastry Cook II (Full-time/Variable Shifts) $10.50/hr
Property Inverness Hotel & Conference Center
Company Introduction Destination Hotels & Resorts began in 1972 with the development and management of condominium resorts. Since then, we have grown to become consistently ranked as one of the top ten hospitality & property management companies in the country (ranked by Hotel Business Magazine) with more than 9,300 employees, over 9,600 hotel rooms and condominium units, and more than $2.2 billion in assets under management. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Los Angeles-based Lowe Enterprises, a privately-held, national real estate organization active in commercial and hospitality property management investment, and development. Since its inception, Lowe has been responsible for more than $16 billion in assets nationwide.Destination Hotels & Resorts fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have the opportunity to make personal contributions to the business in which they work. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization, while accepting full responsibility and accountability. Your role will be integral to the success of meeting our clients' expectations and the continued growth of the company. We strive to create a work place culture that values family, work life balance, and community. We help develop our associates and provide support for them to be professionally successful and to have future growth opportunities predicated on that success. Property Introduction Comfort and gracious hospitality define Denver's most relaxing Four-Diamond conference center resort hotel, Inverness Hotel and Conference Center. Guest rooms with spectacular views, a PGA championship golf course, a rejuvenating spa, expansive fitness center and award-winning restaurants complete the experience at this Denver, Colorado vacation destination. Featuring a rare combination of upscale accommodations in Colorado, resort amenities and comprehensive conference facilities, Denver's premier conference center resort surrounds guests in signature Rocky Mountain comfort. Guests of The Inverness Hotel and Conference Center enjoy exquisite cuisine at five dining and entertainment venues, emerald fairways on a par-70 golf course, rejuvenating treatments in The Spa, dynamic conference facilities and award-winning recreational amenities.
Plan, prep, set up and prepare quality products in all areas of the Pastry/Bake Shop to include, but not limited to, pastries, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, jams, displays/centerpieces in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
* Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
* Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
* Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
* Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
* Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
* Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
* Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation/Health regulations and Hotel requirements.
* Meet with Pastry Chef/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
* Complete opening duties:
o& nbsp; Set up work station with required mis en place, tools, equipment and supplies.
o& nbsp; Inspect the cleanliness and working condition of all tools, equipment and supplies
o& nbsp; Check production schedule and pars.
o& nbsp; Establish priority items for the day.
o& nbsp; Inform the Pastry Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned for the day's tasks.
o& nbsp; Transport supplies from the Storeroom and stock in designated areas.
* Start prep work on items needed for the day.
* Prepare and produce dessert menu items for Restaurants, Room Service and Banquets following recipes and yield guides.
* Produce centerpieces for Banquets and buffets. Display items attractively and to specified requirements.
* Prepare amenity orders for Room Service.
* Inform the Sous Chef of any shortages before the item runs out.
* Assist the Baker as required to ensure optimum service to guests.
* Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and Hotel requirements.
* Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
* Inform the Pastry Shop of any excess items that can be utilized in daily specials or elsewhere.
* Disinfect and sanitize cutting boards and worktables.
* Transport empty, dirty pots and pans to the pot wash station.
* Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean-up a more efficient process.
* Breakdown work station and complete closing duties:
o& nbsp; Return all food items to the proper storage areas.
o& nbsp; Rotate all returned product.
o& nbsp; Wrap, cover, label and date all items being put away.
o& nbsp; Straighten up and organize all storage areas.
o& nbsp; Clean up and wipe down food prep areas, reach-ins/walk-ins, and shelves.
o& nbsp; Return all unused and clean utensils/equipment to the specified locations.
o& nbsp; Ice down hot items from the steam table, so they cool quickly.
o& nbsp; Turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift.
o& nbsp; Restock items that were depleted during the shift.
* Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the Pastry Chef before leaving.
Required Qualifications Excellent customer service focus and communication skills.
Previous upscale hotel experience.
Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
Provide legible communication.
A minimum formal education of a high school diploma
Food handling certificate.
Compute basic arithmetic.
Comprehend and follow recipes.
Job Type Full Time
Type of Position Hourly Position