- Advice from Recruiters
- Our Benefits
- High School Programs
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Matters
- Life Insurance
- Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Work-Life Balance
- Completing the Application
- Your Resume
- Pre-employment Testing Information
- Login for Returning Applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Why Work For Us
- Requesting an Accommodation
- Get Into Energy
- Water Careers
- Join Our Talent Community
- Credentialing Opportunities Online (COOL)
- Applicant Rights and Responsibilities
- Pikes Peak Living
Job: Seasonal Hourly Irrigation Maintenance Specialist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
More Jobs at Colorado Springs Utilities
Pay Range: Targeted starting pay for this position is $17.44 to $26.60 per hour.
Posting Close Date: 3/8/13
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Please note: All postings will close at 4:00pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Please Note: Colorado Springs Utilities is currently recruiting for one (1) Irrigation Maintenance Specialist positions. This seasonal position is deemed Hourly qualify for state mandated benefits only.
Be part of our promise to the future!
With all the wonderful things that Colorado Springs has to offer it's no wonder Colorado Springs Utilities' employees take pride in the community they serve. With our dedication to the place we call home; it is no wonder we care so much about our environment. Clean…green…renewable. Be part of history by creating sustainable water solutions to help conserve our finite water resources for a cleaner, greener tomorrow.
Colorado Springs Utilities is looking for motivated, responsible individual with experience in commercial irrigation systems. The Irrigation Maintenance Specialist will be involved with Colorado Springs Utilities' water efficiency pilot program in collaboration with the City of Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services. The seasonal position will assist with water audits of park systems.
You will be responsible for:
* Identifying faulty or problematic parts, repairing or replacing parts when appropriate
* Perform irrigation audits and thorough irrigation system evaluations
* Installation of rain sensors, irrigation controllers, and other related equipment
* Operate hand tools such as voltmeter, wire tracer, grinders, hammers, and drills
* Working knowledge of: irrigation clocks, pressure gauges, shutoff valves and retrofits
* Computer data processing and record keeping
Therefore, we seek the following:
* Knowledge of commercial irrigation systems and irrigation audits
* Installation and maintenance of irrigation systems
* Ability to use various hand and power tools
* Ability to use various computer applications
Experience: Most people in this occupation would have acquired more than two years related irrigation experience. A valid Colorado Driver's License is required.
What a career at Colorado Springs Utilities can offer you…
* An environment championing innovation, state-of-the-art facilities and clean, efficient technologies The ability to contribute ideas and solutions in an empowering environment
* The opportunity to be part of a unique, customer-owned and operated four-service utility
* Exciting opportunities, fulfilling work, and career growth
Join the Colorado Springs Utilities' team today!
- Customer service representatives at Colorado Springs Utilities
- Supporting our military/veteran employees at Colorado Springs Utilities
- 2012 Annual Report
- Join The Team, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Colorado Springs Utilities' workforce
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Community Focus Fund
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Waste Water Treatment specialist
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Gas Construction career
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Electric Construction jobs