- Advice from Recruiters
- Our Benefits
- High School Programs
- Medical, Pharmacy, Dental and Vision
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Work-Life Balance
- Completing the Application
- Your Resume
- Pre-employment Testing Information
- Login for Returning Applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Why Work For Us
- Requesting an Accommodation
- Get Into Energy
- Water Careers
- Join Our Talent Community
- Credentialing Opportunities Online (COOL)
- Applicant Rights and Responsibilities
- Pikes Peak Living
Job: Utility Worker I (02300)
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Pay Range: Targeted starting pay for this position is $13.67 to $20.85 per hour.
Please note: Actual starting pay will be determined at the time of offer based on the experience, education and training of the successful candidate.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posting Close Date: 12/31/12
Please note: All postings will close at 4:00pm on the Posting Close Date. Candidates must apply for the position prior to this date and time. If the Posting Close Date is blank, the position will remain open until filled.
Please note: Colorado Springs Utilities is currently recruiting Utility Worker positions. These positions require candidates to complete testing in addition to your application. The test information will be emailed to all candidates after the position closes. Candidates MUST complete the testing by the deadline in order to be further considered in the selection process.
Help Us Create A Greener Future - Today
Keeping our employees safe is more than a priority - it is part of our culture. From physical health to wellness to field safety, we cover all aspects of a safe, healthy, and secure working environment. Our people are the heart and soul of our company.
Colorado Springs Utilities is looking to fill Utility Worker positions, in the Distribution Collection and Treatment Department. In the role of Utility Worker, you will be required to perform shift work while performing routine maintenance in support of construction, repair and maintenance projects, which require manual labor and general knowledge of basic construction operations. Employees will be working in high traffic areas and required to adhere to appropriate safety practices.
Specific job assignments may include some or all of the following:
* Assist in the construction, repair and maintenance of water and waste water systems
* Maintaining and updating records on a daily bases
* Use hand operated and electric, pneumatic and hydraulic power tools to assist with landscape construction and maintenance projects
* Operate small tractors, truck and trailers to assist the construction and maintenance activities
* May operate equipment and tanker trucks
* Gather equipment and parts to complete daily task
* Attend safety and training courses
* May rotate across water, wastewater and support services work groups
* May relocate locations on a yearly schedule
* Will be placed on the stand by calendar and subject to working overtime
* Performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have skill in:
* Maintain a cooperative working relationship within a teamwork environment
* General construction principles
* Basic mathematics
* General knowledge of blueprints, schematics and mechanics
* Performs work safely and brings safety hazards to attention of supervisor
* Operate equipment such as Tandem Dump Trucks, Rubber Tire Backhoes, Loaders, Tractor Trailers, and Tanker Trucks
* Communications skills both verbal and written
Education and Experience: Most people in this occupation would have acquired a high school diploma or GED and would have acquired six months to two years related construction experience. The ideal candidate will have experience with Water or Wastewater Construction and have a CDL Class B or higher license.
Colorado Springs Utilities is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Tap into the power of your potential
Returning Applicants - please login BEFORE applying!
Skills / Requirements
- Become a pipe fitter at Colorado Springs Utilities
- Become a utility worker at Colorado Springs Utilities
- Customer service representatives at Colorado Springs Utilities
- Supporting our military/veteran employees at Colorado Springs Utilities
- 2012 Annual Report
- Join The Team, Colorado Springs Utilities
- Colorado Springs Utilities' workforce
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Community Focus Fund
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Waste Water Treatment specialist
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Gas Construction career
- Colorado Springs Utilities
- Colorado Springs Utilities - Electric Construction jobs