Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of New Business Development
at Simpleview, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Zerista, a Simpleview company, with offices in Denver, CO, Tucson, AZ, and Santa Fe, NM, is a cutting edge software development company that builds intuitive, interactive, mobile, and social tools for events and conferences around the world, personalized for customer’s unique needs.
Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard-working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our Downtown Denver Zerista team of dedicated and hard-working professionals, an independent, talented, top-notch Director of New Business Development with a great work ethic, who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
Experienced sales professional to promote our technology-based products and services via direct sales. The DoBD oversees a specific sales territory with 1000+ prospective accounts (primarily Media/Publishing Companies, Associations, Event Organizers, and Agencies). Responsible for generating new business from prospects within their territory and closing accounts independently.
- Direct sales and prospecting activities as assigned by the SVP
- Advise prospective customers regarding the products and services that will address their needs and requirements
- Provide information necessary to produce sales forecasts, sales pipeline analysis, and win-loss analysis reports by updating the sales database and/or providing other documentation as necessary
- Online demonstrations
- On-site demonstrations and sales presentations (travel to client location required)
- Preparation of proposals
- Execution of contracts and collection of the first payment
- Preparation and execution of work orders
- Maintain accuracy of sales database all sales reports and trace updates in Salesforce.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients and all organizations within assigned territory as well as any other accounts assigned by the SVP
- Work in partnership with the SVP and Executive Team to foster new business ideas and opportunities.
- Previous experience in Business to Business sales at a level of $500K -1M per annum or higher
- Sales experience in a Tech Agency or Software Company
- Experience in direct tech enterprise sales with event technology preferred
- Experience with CRM/CMS systems and online marketing preferred
- Proficient with Salesforce, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Google Docs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to make board presentations and public speaking engagements
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to travel and perform sales missions and attend conferences, meetings, and events as directed
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- Kombucha and rotating beers on tap
- Downtown office right next to Coors Field.
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more
Please submit your resume to our career page!