Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Environment Artist
at 2K Sports
SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARTIST, Brighton, UK
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.” We are comprised of a diverse group of people, from industry veterans with experience working on big franchises, to talented former indie entrepreneurs and recent graduates. Hangar 13 is based in four vibrant locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based within our brand new Brighton location, who will partner with the other Hangar 13 sites in California and the Czech Republic to develop all of our future games as one global team. Led by General Manager Nick Baynes, Hangar 13’s Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games using bleeding-edge proprietary engine technology.
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Environment Artist to help create 3D environments that are both visually stunning and have great gameplay opportunities. The ideal candidate should be able to create a fulfilling 3D space, working closely with Design to ensure both game metrics and architecture mesh together. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with great talent to establish Hangar 13’s newest team location.
What You Will Do:
- Work in close-collaboration with Designers and Modelers as a team to create 3D environments
- Design and work out the details of modular systems of architecture for levels
- Own final art quality of levels
- Collaborate with gameplay designers to create a believable space
- Optimize final levels/environments for performance
- Work with Art Director and Environment Lead to ensure artistic unity across the game
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5 or more years of experience in internal game development with an emphasis on environmental art or level architecture
- At least 1 shipped title, experience with AAA open world titles preferred
- Ability to mentor and potentially lead other artists in the development of their skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent
- Knowledge of 3D Studio Max, ZBrush and Photoshop
- Recent use of industry standard game editors
- Ability to inspire and bring out talent in others
- Attention to detail
- Classic drawing or painting techniques with the ability to sketch out ideas on paper
- Good sense of spatial composition and proportions
- Understanding of basic architecture