Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at 2K Sports
TECHNICAL DESIGNER, Brighton, UK
partner with designers and programmers to drive outstanding technical implementation of design content
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a Technical Designer to join the team in Brighton and help to form the core of a new design group. You will primarily partner with designers and programmers across Hangar 13’s Brighton and Novato locations in order to drive outstanding technical implementation of design content, as well as ensure designers’ needs are accounted for when planning features and tools.
What You Will Do:
- Aid the Lead Technical Designer in assessing and validating game features for technical feasibility
- Help define and enforce best practices and guidelines within the design department
- Work alongside the Lead Technical Designer and Engineering departments to identify design tools needs
- Identify and improve workflows to increase iteration time with the design department
- Prototype new gameplay features and provide guidance to the design team on how to use the features
- Mentor the design team on all aspects of technical design to ensure that the gameplay content is both performant and correct
- Act as a troubleshooter on the design team’s behalf to ensure a performant and bug free game
- Be an advocate for the design team in interactions with the engineering department
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in a design position with an emphasis on technical design
- Shipped an open world/action adventure game with knowledge of mission design/scripting and world building
- Knowledge of both Visual Scripting suites (Kismet, Blueprints, etc…) and text scripting languages (lua/python a plus)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate across multiple locations effectively
- Desirable Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Experience working with proprietary game engine toolsets
- Ability to work autonomously
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.” We are comprised of a diverse group of people, from industry veterans with experience working on big franchises, to talented former indie entrepreneurs and recent graduates. Hangar 13 is based in four vibrant locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic). We are currently hard at work on our next AAA titles.
This role is based within our brand new Brighton location, who will partner with the other Hangar 13 sites in California and the Czech Republic to develop all of our future games as one global team. Led by General Manager Nick Baynes, Hangar 13’s Brighton location provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console and PC games using bleeding-edge proprietary engine technology.