Academy District 20
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Academy District 20
The mission of Academy District 20 is to educate every student in a safe and nurturing environment and to provide comprehensive, challenging curricular and extracurricular opportunities that meet the unique needs of every individual by expanding interests, enhancing abilities, and equipping every student with the knowledge, skills, and character essential to being a responsible citizen of our community, our nation, and the world.
Supervises and ensures safety of children during recess and lunch time at an elementary school.
The job description information below is under review by the Human Resources Department and may not necessarily contain all elements of the position. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time. This information does not create a contractual relationship with the staff member and includes such duties, services, activities, tasks, and related assignments that shall generally be assigned by an administrator as part of the functions of this position.
The following statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and other key duties that may be required. The description may not include all functions performed by the incumbents in various locations. The district reserves the right to modify or change the duties or the essential functions of this job at any time.
- Reports consistently for work as scheduled
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Attains proficient or higher evaluations on established Performance Standards
- Assists in cleaning up spills and wiping down tables
- Assists students opening milk/juice cartons and food packages
- Directs visitors to office
- Enforces all school rules of student behavior
- Inspects playground grounds and equipment, notifying school administrator of necessary repairs and/or improvements
- Issues verbal warnings, writes up discipline referrals, reports misconduct, and requests assistance from appropriate personnel as required
- Locates students sought by building administration and escorts students to office as needed
- Monitors playground and/or lunchroom to deter behavioral problems, etc.
- Monitors student(s), ensuring their compliance to district/building policies/playground rules and regulations
- Supervises school grounds/parking lots
- Supervises student(s), checks all student passes, and keeps students out of unauthorized areas
- Works with administration to develop and enforce security policies and procedures
Must possess, or be willing to obtain and renew/maintain CPR and First Aid certification
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide a warm and caring attitude toward students
- Strong communication skills
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member typically encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive.
- The noise level in the work environment may alternate among quiet, moderate, and loud.
- The incumbent is frequently required to interact in person and through communication methods with the students, public, and/or other staff.
- The incumbent is required to work scheduled school/work hours and/or days.
- The incumbent may be required to work extended school/work hours and/or days as directed.
- Work is generally performed outdoors and/or in the school lunchroom.
- The incumbent may experience exposure to adverse weather conditions.
- The incumbent may experience exposure to high noise levels.
Physical Demands: The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. All physical demands, if listed, are considered essential functions
- Sits, stands, walks, stoops, kneels, and crouches/squats while performing duties
- Has oral and auditory capacity enabling interaction interpersonally and/or through communication devices
- Uses eyes, hands, and finger coordination enabling the use of equipment and writing utensils
- Distinguishes depth and objects in a wide field of vision
- Conducts activities involving climbing, stooping, kneeling/bending, crouching/squatting, twisting, and reaching
Cognitive Functions: The following are some of the cognitive functions commonly associated with this position. They are included for informational purposes and are not all-inclusive. The staff member may be required to analyze, communicate, compare, compile, compute, coordinate, copy, evaluate, instruct, negotiate, synthesize, reason, and use interpersonal skills.
Hours per Week:
New Applicants: Please note that if you are hired by District 20, fingerprinting is required. You will be responsible for the cost of fingerprinting.
All custodial positions require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to push/pull burdens up to 100 pounds.
All special education positions require the ability to safely lift 50 pounds each in a two person lift.
|Current District 20 Staff:|
|Current District 20 staff members should complete a transfer request form and return it to the Human Resources Office. The transfer request form and important transfer information can be found on the District 20 Intranet site: Click on Resources and Forms, click on Forms and Documents, click on 20Net Human Resources Documents, click on HR_Other_Forms_Miscellaneous, and click on the document name HIRING - Transfer Request Form.|
|New applicants must register with the Academy District 20 Employment Opportunities site and complete the online application.|
|Please identify your interest in specific positions on the Preferences page of the online application.|
|Since school administrators will be able to access your completed online application, please do not call to request site visits or interviews at the school. Please direct all inquiries via the email address indicated on the posting.|