Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Interventionist (1.0 FTE/40 hrs per week & .5 FTE/20 hrs per week positions)
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 59527|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of May 01, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
1500 East 128th Ave., Thornton, Colorado, 802412601
Various locations, positions will be either 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week) and .5 FTE (20 hours per week .
AcademicInterventionist Job Description
SUMMARY: To develop, implement, and assessintervention instruction for students through the use of best practices inliteracy and math instruction, including conducting weekly progress monitoringand data analysis of students' progress. Ongoing collaboration with classroomteachers and all support staff is inherent to this position in an effort tobuild instructional capacity in the area of literacy and math among staff. Theacademic interventionist will work with the district literacy and math team,the literacy director and executive director of curriculum and instruction, andschool stakeholders to increase student achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/orability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrate and maintain a learner mindset anddisposition for working with students needing additional academic support inorder to be successful in the classroom.
Design and implement intervention instructionfor individual students or small groups of students aligned to district interventionmodel. Use data to inform instruction and engage in collaborativedecision-making.
Collaborate with team members and districtleadership to enhance intervention instruction, build capacity amongcolleagues, and achieve the district goals. This includes regularly receiving feedback and participating invideo lesson study.
Apply knowledge of current standards andresearch and topics in the areas of reading and math instruction.
Demonstrate and maintain productive andpositive interpersonal skills.
Meet the needs of diverse learners.
Use a variety of formal and informalassessment tools, including application and analysis of reading assessmentssuch as PALS, KPALS, MAP, Running Records, Math Recovery Assessments, AdvantageAssessments, and daily formative and summative EM4 assessments.
Together, with school stakeholders, develop,implement and review READ plans and district literacy plans for students asneeded.
Create a safe, supportive and effectivelearning environment for students.
Attend all interventionist team trainings andcollaboration sessions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Various locations and positions will be either .5 FTE (20 hours per week) and 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week). Please refer to the Certified Salary Schedule on the district website for additional salary information.
EDUCATION AND RELATEDWORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required: math and/or reading focus preferred. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching experience required.
- Reading Specialist, Reading Recovery, Interactive Strategies Approach, Orton Gillingham, Wilson, Fundations and/or Math Recovery/Advantage Math certification/training/experience preferred.
- Successful experience working with adult learners preferred.
LICENSES,REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate Colorado Educator License.
- Willingness to pursue a Reading Specialist Endorsement and Math Recovery Certification.
- Ability to travel among school locations.
All applicants (current district employees andexternal applicants) should list any and all work experience, including currentdistrict experience, when completing the employment application. Pleaseinclude job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attacha resume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well.Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimumqualifications required for each job, it is important to have a completeapplication so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
These are new positions. Various locations and positions will be either .5 FTE (20 hours per week) and 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week). Please refer to the Certified Salary Schedule on the district website for additional salary information.
THIS POSTING IS NOTINCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Preference given to candidates with ELL Training and/or an ESLor (LDE) Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNALCANDIDATES):
- The salary listed is for full timepositions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed,based upon the FTE.
- The salary grade posted is the startingsalary range for Bachelor’s Step 1. Salary for position may vary based oneducation and experience.
- Salary placement on our Certified Salaryschedule is dependent on the employees’ education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor (BA) step 1. If minimumqualifications are higher than a (BA), they will be placed at the initialrequirement level for this position.
- After initial placement by the district onthe salary schedule, the certified/licensed employee can provide the districtadditional official transcripts and/or documentation to support further salaryadvancement.
- Certified/licensed employees will begranted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experienceup to a maximum of 10 (ten) years, which includes in-district andout-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility forverification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placementplease refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on ourdistrict website.
All applicants(current district employees and external applicants) should list any and allwork experience, including current district experience, when completing theemployment application. Please includejob titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach aresume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimumqualifications required for each job, it is important to have a completeapplication so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTINGIS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
These are new positions. Various locations, positions will be either 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week) and .5 FTE (20 hours per week . Please refer to the Certified Salary Schedule on the district website foradditional salary information.