Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 61193|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Aug 26, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
1500 East 128th Ave., Thornton, Colorado, 802412601
Job Tasks Descriptions
1.Process requisitions into purchase orders in accordance with state and federal law and Board policy.
2.Evaluate requests for purchase of supplies, equipment and services to determine appropriate procurement method.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related area.
- Minimum of five (5) years purchasing experience, contract administration experience preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Ability to travel among district facility locations.
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and data systems.
- Knowledge of business principles, such as purchasing, materials logistics management, business and contract law.
- Applied knowledge of business principles and analysis techniques such as price and cost proposal.
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of moderate and complex problems.
- Understand completely and applies principles, concepts, practices and standards with full and competent knowledge of industry and District practices.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
The salarylisted is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will beadjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE. Administrative employees' salary will be commensurate on the employees’education and/or work experience.
Salary Range: (Level 7) $55,607 - $75,233
THIS POSTINGIS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
A change in hiring practice now allows certified and classified internalapplicants who are stipend eligible to receive either their CertifiedCompensation Stipend/Career Service Stipend if hired into a differentemployment group, such as administration. Please contact Human Resourceswith questions or for further information.