Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 59785|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of May 15, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
1500 East 128th Ave., Thornton, Colorado, 802412601
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Direct and consult services to students with a wide range of special needs using knowledge of OT theory and practice.
2. Assess and develop strategies for all areas of motor development (fine, gross, sensory-motor activities of daily living), a) support for students who are on an IEP and/or Response to Intervention (RtI) plan or 504 plan.
3. Support team members in providing data-driven strategies integrated into the classroom routine for academic success.
4. Demonstrate problem-solving skills through collaborative work with students, teachers, parents, administrators, teaching assistants and other special education staff.
5. Ability to identify and support the sensory motor needs of students.
6. Demonstrate a strong knowledge of content area, teaching methods, learning styles and educational research related to special education students of all levels and abilities.
7. Strong classroom management, communication, organization and planning skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
8. Positively impact achievement and differentiate instruction based on the needs of students by supporting programs designed to increase student achievement.
9. Demonstrate an ability to provide small group and individual services to all levels of student ability.
10. Effectively develop and plan meaningful and compliant Individualized Education Plans in collaboration with colleagues and family through evaluation and IEP meetings.
11. Ability to work cooperatively and engage in active participation with teachers, mental health providers, community agencies/resources and special education personnel to provide support regarding the needs of students from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
12. Ability to travel frequently among district facilities during the work day.
13. Engage in ongoing professional growth including district professional activities.
14. Apply therapeutic strategies to enhance student achievement and to meet district Colorado standards
15. Communicate student progress to student/parents/school staff through progress monitoring data.
16. Maintain student records and Medicaid billing.
17. Adhere to the code of ethics of the OT profession.
18. Provide supervision for Occupational Therapists Assistant(s)
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE: B.S. or M.S. in Occupational Therapy. Experience in pediatrics or early childhood preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Colorado Special Services License with an endorsement (and/or proof of application in progress) in Occupational Therapy and proof of State of Colorado DORA registration. Criminal background check required for hire. Valid Colorado driver?s license.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE: Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals. Operating knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Google Apps. Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, and Email
SALARY INFORMATION(FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- Thesalary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary willbe adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE.
- Thesalary grade posted is the starting salary range for Bachelor’s Step 1. Salary for position may vary based on education and experience.
- Salaryplacement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor(BA) step 1. If minimum qualifications are higher than a (BA), they willbe placed at the initial requirement level for this position.
- Afterinitial placement by the district on the salary schedule, thecertified/licensed employee can provide the district additional officialtranscripts and/or documentation to support further salary advancement.
- Certified/licensedemployees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/orwork experience up to a maximum of 10 (ten) years, which includes in-districtand out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibilityfor verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- Forfurther explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Masteragreement that can be found on our district website.
All applicants(current district employees and external applicants) should list any and allwork experience, including current district experience, when completing theemployment application. Please includejob titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach aresume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimumqualifications required for each job, it is important to have a completeapplication so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTINGIS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
For salaryinformation please see the certified schedule on the website.