Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Psychologist / 2019-2020 School Year
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 58159|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Jan 23, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
1500 East 128th Ave., Thornton, Colorado, 802412601
SUMMARY: Provide a range of services for students who demonstrate difficulties with learning, academic achievement, social/emotional functioning, and behavior. Serve as a psycho-educational service provider involved in proactive, preventative activities, as well as responding to identified concerns. Provide services based on a combination of problem-solving, consultative, and direct service models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop individual, group or system level interventions which improve identified problems or concerns, including academic, social / emotional / behavioral / mental health needs as they relate to educational progress.
- Uses research-based and technically sound practices to drive decision-making and interventions; and collaborates with school personnel and parents in order to develop and modify student intervention strategies.
- Facilitates functional assessment of behavior (FBA) and designs/implements and progress monitors intervention plans.
- Conducts, interprets and implements student assessment which includes record review, interview, observation, and standardized assessment.
- Administers and interprets norm-referenced and curriculum-based edumetric and psychological assessment measures.
- Participates in team-based follow-up activities to review student progress, analyze data, and modify individual interventions.
- Reviews school-wide assessment data to assist building staff(s) in interpreting and designing school-wide interventions.
- Serve as liaison among district building(s), families and community and collaborates with various teams to assure positive outcomes for all learners.
- Participate in interdisciplinary staffings to determine the eligibility, appropriate planning, and re-evaluation for students who require special education services/programs.
- Comply with Student Support Services and district policies and procedures (e.g., Medicaid billing, accident reporting).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement: applicant must posses a Colorado educator license license with a passing score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
Thesalary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary willbe adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE.
- Thesalary grade posted is the starting salary range for Bachelor’s Step 1. Salary for position may vary based on education and experience.
- Salaryplacement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees’education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor(BA) step 1. If minimum qualifications are higher than a (BA), they willbe placed at the initial requirement level for this position.
- Afterinitial placement by the district on the salary schedule, thecertified/licensed employee can provide the district additional official transcriptsand/or documentation to support further salary advancement.
- Certified/licensedemployees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/orwork experience up to a maximum of six (6)years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teachingand/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experienceshall rest with the individual employee.
- Forfurther explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Masteragreement that can be found on our district website.
Replacement Position This posting is for 2019-2020 school year.
For salaryinformation please see the certified schedule on the website.