Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Speech Language Pathologist
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 60683|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Jul 18, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
1500 East 128th Ave., Thornton, Colorado, 802412601
SUMMARY: Apply principles, methods and procedures for an analysis of speech and language comprehension and production to determine communicative competencies. Provide intervention strategies and services related to speech and language development and literacy development as well as disorders of language, voice, articulation and fluency and functional communication that adversely affect an individual's educational performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with professionals and parents to observe, plan, implement, monitor, and facilitate generalization of oral and written communication skills. Use research-based and technically sound practices to drive decision-making and interventions; and collaborate with school personnel and parents in order to develop and modify student intervention strategies.
- Provide assessments that are relevant to the presenting concern, meaningful communication skills.
- Use a variety of service delivery options, evidence-based practices and facilitate generalization of communication skills.
- Manage time, organize material, and communicate with school teams, building and central administrators to effectively manage individual student programs; engage in problem solving process with school-based teams.
- Monitor individual progress towards measurable goals and objectives.
- Share knowledge with individuals and groups concerning communication, language and literacy development.
- Advocate for the individual's communication needs across a variety of settings.
- Develop and/or participate in professional enrichment activities to maintain a high standard of service delivery.
- Participate in or utilize specialized services to provide better programming for individuals with complex needs.
- May assist in the supervision of Speech/Language Pathology Assistants.
- Complies with Student Support Services and district policies and procedures (e.g., Medicaid billing, accident reporting).
- Provide direct and indirect interventions/therapy to students according to their special education Individualized Education Program (IEPs).
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a valid Colorado Educator License.
- Must possess the required license or the ability to fulfill the requirements for highly qualified status in the instructional area(s) listed.