Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 59993|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of May 29, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
991 Eppinger Blvd, THORNTON, Colorado, 802293517
ThorntonElementary is an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme school. We share a common philosophy - a commitmentto high quality, challenging, and international education. We provide challenging, engaging, relevantand inquiry-based education developing students that exhibitinternational-mindedness. EnglishLanguage Development supports students by providing quality services forEnglish Language Learners and improving student achievement for ELLs in Englishand the content areas. Supportingour staff! Through collaboration,observation and constructive feedback we give teachers the support they need tobe successful, including:
- Two-year induction period (new teachers)
- On-site mentors
- Data-driven professional development
SUMMARY: A teacher will perform effective teaching methods to ensure student success and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize various curriculum resources and technologies to enhance student learning.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize District curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities. - Prepare and distribute parent communications.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom creating appropriate behavior strategies.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor?s degree or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain from, or be in process with, the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire.
- Must possess the required license and endorsement. If highly qualified by content test or semester hours, with no endorsement: applicant must posses a Colorado educator license license with a passing score on a CDE approved content test or 24 semester hours in specific core content classes as determined by Human Resources.
Preference given to candidates with ELL Training and/or an ESLor (LDE) Linguistically Diverse Education Endorsement.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNALCANDIDATES):
- The salary listed is for full timepositions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed,based upon the FTE.
- The salary grade posted is the startingsalary range for Bachelor’s Step 1. Salary for position may vary based oneducation and experience.
- Salary placement on our Certified Salaryschedule is dependent on the employees’ education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor (BA) step 1. If minimumqualifications are higher than a (BA), they will be placed at the initialrequirement level for this position.
- After initial placement by the district onthe salary schedule, the certified/licensed employee can provide the districtadditional official transcripts and/or documentation to support further salaryadvancement.
- Certified/licensed employees will begranted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experienceup to a maximum of 10 (ten) years, which includes in-district andout-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility forverification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placementplease refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on ourdistrict website.
All applicants(current district employees and external applicants) should list any and allwork experience, including current district experience, when completing theemployment application. Please includejob titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach aresume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimumqualifications required for each job, it is important to have a completeapplication so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTINGIS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
This is a replacement position. Pleaserefer to the Certified Salary Schedule for additional salary information.