Adams County Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Services Aide IV - Ongoing Child Protection
at Adams County Government
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Provides a variety of paraprofessional and supportive services to staff and the client population of the Children and Family Services Division. This position provides supportive services to families at high risk for abuse, neglect, and out-of-home placements.
- Examples of Duties for Success
Duties may consist of but are not limited to the following:
- Provide transportation to hospitals, clinics, therapy appointments, foster care placements, supervised visitation, court hearings, and other community agencies.
- Coordinate and arrange timely visitations, and provides support to caseworkers to gather information, request bus tokens and gas vouchers, as well as secure documentation from a variety of sources including police, hospitals, and other service providers as requested.
- Provide a supportive environment and supervision to parents and their children, observing interactions, documenting activities and client functioning.
- Make daily decisions to organize and prioritize numerous competing requests made by casework staff.
- Provide occasional childcare assistance and/or other supportive services as requested.
- Knowledge of both functional and dysfunctional family dynamics and methods to engage a variety of family types is important.
- Must have the ability to be empathetic, supportive, and sensitive toward clients who are defensive or resistant and lacking in trust.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Two years of full-time experience with extensive public contact in a service related field.
- Education: High School Diploma/GED. Successful completion of appropriate coursework in behavioral sciences obtained at a college or university may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- License and Certificate: A valid driver's license.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Other: Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish is strongly preferred.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Days/Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., though flexibility of scheduling is required to best meet client needs.