Adams County Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Care Technician
at Adams County Government
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
The Customer Care Technician reports to the Customer Care Supervisor, and provides excellent customer service to the public by performing duties including, but not limited to, adoptions, reclaims, and safe animal intakes. Responsible for answering incoming calls in a friendly manner regarding lost animals, animal control shelter services, adoptable pets, and animal shelter operations. Performs a range of clerical duties and administrative functions, including cash handling and utilizing shelter software (Chameleon) to enter and retrieve data. The ideal candidate for this position is a positive minded, team player with strong interpersonal and office skills, as well animal-related experience, who is fluent in English/Spanish.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Provide excellent customer service and assist the public regarding Animal Shelter operations.
- Greet and assist all patrons entering the Lobby.
- Receive animals from the public and gather pertinent information to facilitate appropriate placement.
- Listen to patrons and provide information about adoptions, reclaims, relinquishments and animal welfare.
- Complete adoption agreements, microchip registration, licensing, provide and discuss medical history with adopters.
- Answers public telephone calls and emails in a professional, prompt and courteous manner, provide accurate information, transfers calls to appropriate departments/person.
- Responsible for knowing which animals are available for adoption and interpreting evaluation/assessments of shelter pets to facilitate best match of patron and animal.
- Accurately input and retrieve data from Shelter operating software.
- Work cooperatively with other shelters and rescue organizations.
- Model and adhere to best practices for the appropriate, safe, and humane care and handling of all animals.
- Represent Adams County Animal Shelter in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to treat all animals humanely and with respect.
- Working knowledge of animal welfare and basic animal handling preferred.
- Knowledge of breed identification in both canines and felines preferred.
- Operate a two-way radio.
- Team player, ability to work in a fast paced environment and multitask.
- Highly motivated, out-going, polite and professional manner.
- Must use discretion and good judgment at all times.
- Attend required staff meetings and relevant training sessions.
- Excellent communication skills and consistent ability to model and facilitate open and productive communication in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and address challenges in a constructive manner.
- Exceptional work ethic to include consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Positive and respectful attitude with a commitment to excellence in customer service.
- Ability to establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Proper English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Use modern office procedures and practices, including cash handling and proper telephone etiquette.
- Use modern office equipment, including computer equipment and computer software applications.
- Analyze situations carefully and adopt effective courses of action.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to work in an emotionally taxing field and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to maintain a high level of personal accountability.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of computer skills in Microsoft office products.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to type 35 w.p.m. with accuracy.
- Knowledge of Chameleon operating system preferred.
- Qualifications for Success
- One (1) year of experience working in an administrative and/or customer service capacity
- At least six (6) months of professional work, or verifiable volunteer experience, in an animal welfare organization such as a shelter, veterinary clinic, or other professional facility housing animals required.
- Education and Training: High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- License or Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid driver's license.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Other: Bi-lingual strongly preferred.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Work Environment:
- Work is performed throughout shelter and internal office settings.
- Exposure to high noise levels, zoonotic diseases, potentially fearful/fractious animals and/or animal bites/scratches.
- Exposure to cleaning agents.
- Work can be emotionally taxing.
- Physical Requirements:
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent computer use.
- Potential for standing, walking, and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Regular animal handling and restraint.
- Ability to drive a car or other type of large service vehicle preferred.
- Work Schedule: Available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Work Location: Animal Shelter & Adoption Center, 10705 Fulton, Brighton, CO 80601.
- Work Environment: