Adams County Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Generalist
at Adams County Government
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Helps support the District Attorney's Office by performing a variety of professional, technical, and analytical work in contributing to employee relations, talent development, performance management, learning and development, and other related HR areas.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- -Assists within all areas of Human Resources.
- -Acts as an internal consultant, by providing responsible, professional, and technical support and guidance on HR issues including recruitment, disciplinary and coaching needs, employee relations, training, and policy development/interpretation.
- -Assists in the recruitment process by coaching and training managers, screening applications, scheduling and participating in interviews, attending job fairs, and working with managers to implement policies and strategies to support the selection of qualified candidates in a timely manner.
- -Assists in the development of retention strategies and participates, leads, and/or organizes projects associated with retention, including exit, entrance, and stay interviews.
- -Initiates job posting and completes recruitment process.
- -Updates and maintains job descriptions.
- -Conducts appropriate investigations, prepares reports summarizing findings, and makes recommendations for appropriate action.
- -Reviews corrective and disciplinary action documents, helps to prepare and schedule pre-disciplinary conferences.
- -Participates in the training program by teaching classes, creating classes, and providing input to the program design.
- -Assists with the strategic initiatives of the District Attorney's Office including performance management, process improvements, and streamlining efforts.
- -Administers Family Medical Leave Act, provides appropriate certification of health care provider, approval notification and timecard record keeping oversight.
- -Maintain compliance with pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- -Performs special studies, projects, and tasks as assigned and required
- -Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Minimum three (3) years of progressive and diversified Human Resources experience.
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- The following contingencies may also be considered:
- A Master's Degree and two years of experience in the Human Resources management field;
- OR a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in the Human Resources field;
- OR any similar combination of education and experience.
- License or Certificate:
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain a valid Colorado Driver's License and insurance.
- SPHR/PHR or SHRM CP/SHRM SCP certification desired.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.