Adams County Government
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Unit Supervisor - Ongoing (Safe Kids Families Together)
at Adams County Government
- What Success Looks Like In This Job
Provides direct supervision to a child protection team responsible for child welfare ongoing case management services. Provides direct staff motivation and supervision, case consultation, staff training and development, and individual and team performance reviews to ensure effectiveness and achievement of section/agency performance outcomes. Provides community education and serves as a liaison to community/agency workgroups as requested.
- Examples of Duties for Success
- Provides regularly scheduled individual and team supervision to unit ongoing caseworkers to ensure an effective workforce.
- Provides emergency case consultation, as well as intervention with families and other collaterals as needed, to address worker- and/or case-specific concerns and complaints. Attends and/or facilitates staffing with collaterals and clients, as needed, to ensure continuity and appropriateness of services delivered.
- Reviews and finalizes court reports and other documentation prepared by unit staff.
- Provides case file audits and review in preparation for case closure, transfer, and in preparation for state audits and foster care reviews.
- Attends all structured review processes to which staff are assigned and provides coverage for other supervisors, as requested, to ensure supervisory attendance and support for staff.
- Serves as Ongoing liaison to specific review committees and workgroups as requested.
- Reviews unit and section statistical data on a regular basis to identify trends and patterns of staff/team performance, and defines specific plans for training and staff development to ensure effective individual and team performance.
- Participates as an active member of Section leadership team to co-develop direction, outcomes, and program evaluation to ensure consistent leadership and effectiveness for Ongoing Section staff. Provide program updates to Section Manager and strategize program adjustments with other section leadership team members, as needed, to ensure effective services and streamlined programming to best meet the needs of children and families.
- Provides direct field supervision and observation of staff on a quarterly basis to assist with staff development and feedback.
- Hires and trains new unit staff and actively participates in quarterly agency new staff orientation. Participates in interviews with other unit supervisors as requested.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Qualifications for Success
- Experience: Four (4) years of full time professional social casework experience acquired after the degree in a public or private social services agency in an area appropriate to the position
- Education and Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the human behavioral science fields.
- A Bachelor's of Social work may substitute for 1 year of the required experience.
- An MSW may substitute for 2 years of the required experience.
- Proof of education, (degree or transcripts,) and license (if candidate has received one) are required.
- License or Certificate:
- Must be eligible to become a certified supervisor through the State Child Welfare Academy or already be certified.
- Possession of a Colorado Driver's License and proof of automotive insurance.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- More Qualifications for Success
- Other: Must utilize a personal vehicle to get to many appointments in the local community and surrounding areas within Colorado