Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Piping Engineer 3
AECOM is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented Mechanical Engineer to support design projects in the Greenwood Village Colorado office.
AECOM Management Services team provides full service nuclear design solutions to the federal government (DOE, NNSA and NIST), nuclear laboratories, and the commercial nuclear power industries. The ideal candidate will have desire to join the piping group of engineers in accepting a wide range of assignments, both nuclear and non-nuclear, and enjoy a team design environment.
The engineer will design Piping systems for a variety of facility projects. Position will provide expertise in piping specifications and piping stress analysis. Also, this position will be responsible for technical preparation and development of the pipe shop/field fabrication, welding, insulation, piping materials, double containment pipe (DCP), valve specifications and valve selection.
The engineer will typically work in a design team environment consisting of a project manager, project engineer, and multi-discipline architectural and engineering staff to produce project design packages of drawings, specifications, and calculations.
Responsible to attend leads meetings, discipline meetings and model review meetings on an as needed basis to support the piping lead and review and populate Line Lists, Valve Lists and P&IDs for accuracy and correctness.
Participates in client design reviews.Periodic travel to job site and client offices site locations may be required.
Piping Engineer 3
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related scientific field with a minimum of 5 years of piping engineering/design experience or equivalent.
- B31.3 experience.
- Piping Stress Analysis experience.
- Piping Specifications experience.
- Experience with Plant 3D.
- Good communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
- Position may require travel.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Due to nature of the work, candidate must be US Citizen. No dual Citizens.
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
- Previous experience with Department of Energy (DOE) projects is preferred.
- PE license preferred.
Management Services Group (MS)
1GVC2 - Greenwood Village, CO - 6200 South Quebec Street
United States of America
USA - Colorado