Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Server Software Engineer - 61114BR
at Aetna Inc.
This position will be a Senior Software Developer on a team working on server-side APIs, microservices, and infrastructure. While we are currently a ruby and node technical stack, we're actively looking for strong developers with any server experience.
CH & S Technology
Full or Part Time
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
Posting Job Title
Senior Server Software Engineer - 61114BR
Potential Telework Position
Primary Location (City, State)
Aetna is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Additional Job Information
As a member of the team, you’ll receive:
A top of the line MacBook Pro
Weekly catered lunch Access to an on-site
An annual training budget that can be spent on courses or conferences
Dollar-for-dollar match up to 6% of your 401(k) contributions
Opportunities to learn new skills in software development, engineering practices and cloud engineering
What We Do
AetnaDigital seeks to change the way individuals manage their healthcare by focusingon the features that matter to our customers, building software in a modern,lean way, and deploying continuously into the cloud. As the team building outsearch APIs, we help our members effectively find the care they need.
What You'll Do
Ourserver teams are focused on building out a search API that is used by multipleapplications serving millions of our users. As the number of members using ourservices increase, our teams will be working to refactor existing services tobring greater stability and scalability, build new services and incorporate newfeatures necessary to improve the user experience.
Inany given day you will:
- Contribute code and tests according to criteria established by our product team
- Work with product to break down and plan sprint work to help us achieve our long-term goals
- Develop and enhance our deployment pipelines including writing infrastructure-as-code template files (currently CloudFormation but moving to Terraform)
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and support our applications in production
- Seek opportunities to improve the foundation of our code
- Support frontend developers as they build products that consume our services
- Learn new skills in terms of software development, engineering practices and cloud engineering
· A top of the lineMacBook Pro
· Weekly catered lunch
· Access to an on-sitegym
· An annual trainingbudget that can be spent on courses or conferences
· Dollar-for-dollarmatch up to 6% of your 401(k) contributions
- Experience deploying and maintaining services in production capable of serving millions of users
- Experience developing and deploying micro-services
- Experience translating large features into software designs
- An open mind about different solutions and a willingness to discuss alternatives
- 2+ years software development experience
- 1+ years API development experience
- 2+ years of Node.js experience
- Experience with our current stack (Ruby, Node, AWS, Docker, Elasticsearch)[BF1] [MBM2]
- Experience deploying and maintaining services on AWS, specifically ECS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch, and RDS
- Experience with Terraform and Kubernetes
General Business - Communicating for Impact, General Business - Consulting for Solutions, General Business - Ensuring Project Discipline
Minimum Functional Experience
Information Management - Solutions consulting and decision support, Information Technology - Application development
Minimum Technical Experience
System Management - Software Process Improvement
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Candidate Privacy Information
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.