Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook I Creekside Deli Black Hawk
at Affinity Gaming
We Make Winners!
Want To Join?
Headquartered in Las Vegas, we are a personable, loyal, and friendly company that shares a connection with each of our customers and employees. Every employee at Affinity Gaming is committed to enhancing our guests' satisfaction by building upon our relationships and offering high-quality service at a reasonable price. With 11 properties (five in Nevada, three in Colorado, two in Missouri, and one in Iowa) we are dedicated to delivering a value-oriented product in a convenient, welcoming, and casual atmosphere.
Assists with Kitchen Line set up and coordinates all food items to be used on the Line. Must be capable to cooking items common to pantry, grill/fry, salads and desserts. Assists in all clean up and shutting down of the shift they are working. Makes a constant effort to improve working conditions and procedures to upgrade food quality set by the Executive Chef and is constantly aware of food inventories needed for service. Keeps kitchen clean at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibilities include pantry, fry/grill, salads and desserts
- Proficient in making salads and sandwiches
- Apportions food for serving
- Prepares assigned food items according to standard recipes to ensure consistency and quality of product
- Prepares food, maintains kitchen, and stores food in accordance with policies, procedures, and all applicable health and sanitation codes
- Works with team and guests to respond to special requests and special dietary needs
- Transport food and supplies to work stations as needed
- Sets up, serves and cleans up assigned food production stations
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation
- Completes food temperature checks before service
- Assist other kitchen personnel as needed, including training Prep Cooks on specific items
- May assist with ordering and inventory as needed
- May be responsible for cashier responsibilities, if assigned to a mobile/QSR outlet
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· One to two years in food service environment preferred.
· Must possess proficient knife skills, knowledge of all kitchen equipment usage, kitchen safety, and etiquette.
· Must place an emphasis on a high level of guest service and give the best service possible
· High school diploma or GED equivalent
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Obtain necessary food handling / health department work cards as defined by local jurisdiction.
OTHER PROPERTY SPECIFIC DETAILS:
Free meals, paid meal periods, covered parking, subsidized bus passes
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Employee Discount Network, Meals, Celebrations, Awards and more....
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Employee benefits may vary by location, position, length of service and employment status.
Final candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check. Many positions will require a state gaming license. Affinity Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.