Nutrien Ag Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Key Accounts
at Nutrien Ag Solutions
- System ID
- Job Category
- Sales & Marketing
- Business Unit
- Retail - Nutrien Ag Solutions
- Number of Positions (Vacancies)
Director of Key Accounts – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Loveland, CO, US)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
The Director of Key Accounts is a new role that will be responsible for driving the Nutrien Ag Solutions Key Accounts global strategy, overseeing the Key Accounts team, and building trusting relationships with leading growers. Other areas of ownership for the role will be account management, account planning, growth tactics, and working collaboratively with other departments, including Sales, to grow the relationships between Nutrien Ag Solutions and Key Accounts.
This role will report to the Director of Commercial Execution and will be the conduit between Nutrien Ag Solutions and our Key Accounts in leading feedback sessions, developing new opportunities, and driving solutions. It will also be responsible for organic growth, prospecting new accounts, and enabling a consistent Nutrien Ag Solutions grower experience.
The ideal candidate will have an established track-record of developing, deploying and executing sales strategies. The candidate must also have vast experience with programs, tactics, processes, and tools to achieve sales objectives in a team environment. In addition, this candidate will have strong background leading and developing a diverse team of account managers. Travel Requirements: 40-60%
What you will do:
- Build and drive the Key Accounts Strategy
- In collaboration with the Grower Engagement team, create a Key Account segmentation that enables Nutrien Ag Solutions to better understand our current relationships and potential opportunities
- Establish a continuous feedback approach and process to connect with Key Accounts
- Co-creating with Sales and Marketing, lead the design and implementation of a comprehensive multi-year Key Account centric grower experience
- Execute pilots, tactics, and relationship initiatives, while tracking performance and adjusting tactics to meet market conditions
- Lead the Key Accounts Team
- Create a winning and unified team culture
- Recruit top talent to build a strong and diverse team to help deliver the multi-year Key Account Strategy
- Coach, develop, and manage the Key Accounts team
- Establish and develop trusting relationships with accounts
- Responsible for account level sales planning and overall account management
- Own budget and forecasting for Key Accounts team
- Champion Key Accounts team and strategy with our sales organization and other Nutrien Ag Solutions teams
- Maintain open channels of communication and collaboration with the regions via regular updates and quarterly strategy meetings both remote and in-person
- Collaborate with Director of Proprietary Support & Solutions to enable solutions offering in Key Accounts centric approach
What you will bring:
- 4 Year university degree in Business, Agriculture or related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred (e.g. MBA, M.Sc, etc.). Experience in lieu of education may be considered.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in retail sales and marketing in an Agriculture-related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to comfortably and professionally correspond with a variety of team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization and customer base
- Strategic thinker with ability to translate long term vision into near-term objectives
- Proven success managing multiple projects at once
- Track-record of directly leading teams to achieve a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others not under your management control
- Commitment to working with shared leadership responsibilities and in cross-functional teams
- Technical proficiency with a variety of software applications, and aptitude of business analytics
- Ability to build trust with others and demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and integrity
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.