Nutrien Ag Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead, Chemical Purchasing
at Nutrien Ag Solutions
- System ID
- Job Category
- Manufacturing, Operations & Trades
- Business Unit
- Retail - Nutrien Ag Solutions
- Number of Positions (Vacancies)
Lead, Chemical Purchasing – Nutrien Ag Solutions (Loveland CO, US)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position reports to the Director, Chemical Procurement
What you will do:
- Supervises all chemical purchasing managers and their activities for Nutrien Ag Solutions in North America
- Improve Best Management Practices and develop Learning Services Program for the department
- Responsible for the management and tracking of all product allocations
- Responsible for the management and tracking of open space policies for key active ingredients
- Responsible for improving maximization of SWAP/Exchange programs and purchase windows from vendors
- Develop a plan for management of chemical inventory by self
- Manage SKU reduction, creation, and deactivation program
- Maintain DWIL (Dead Where It Lies) inventory report up to date and give recommendations to Division Management for product placement
- Work with Operations Accounting on Slow Moving Inventory Report and develop plan of action with suppliers for moving the inventory
- Work with LPI, IT, Accounts Payable and other departments on process improvements
- Work with minor vendors on rebate programs and contract negotiations
- Perform other projects and duties as assigned
What you will bring:
- Bachelors degree with emphasis in business
- 10+ years of ag business industry experience
- 5+ years of successful chemical purchasing management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analysis Capabilities and MS Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills required
- Relates to others in a courteous manner
- Excellent organization skills
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.