Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant General Counsel
at Air Methods
Responsible for providing legal counsel, litigation, and contractual support to the local and regional management teams in a geographic region of Air Methods.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Drafting, review, and negotiation of commercial agreements with hospitals, vendors, lessors and other parties
• Developing and maintaining standard contract templates and forms
• Overseeing the day to day operations and administration of Air Methods’ contracting process
• Advising on business issues and regulatory issues related to operations
• Providing counsel on state and federal issues/questions related Air Methods operations
• Managing dispute resolution and litigation within the region
• Identifying and analyzing risks and delivering practical, creative solutions to the issues faced in the region
• Developing and maintaining working relationships with a wide variety of business, sales and clinical management in the region
• Managing of legal budget and coordinating outside counsel support
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Juris Doctor (JD) and four to six years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience in a law firm or in-house position
Healthcare regulatory experience preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and within a team in high-pressure situations and fast-paced environment
• Intermediate with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. state
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.