Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Buyer II- Greenwood Village, CO
at Air Methods
Responsible for negotiating the purchase of aircraft parts, supplies, medical supplies, equipment and services from suppliers for aero medical aviation maintenance and operations supporting a multiple OEM and model fleet. Purchase parts on demand (as requisitioned) as well as for central stocking and stock replenishment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Evaluates supplier prices/quotes, technical suitability, quality, FAA airworthiness and services to determine most desirable suppliers. Identifies opportunities for negotiations that will minimize total cost while supporting the needs of the fleet.
• Establishes supplier strategic network to support fleet and minimize inventories through supplier delivery, quantity and frequency.
• Efficiently source parts using a number of different tools, i.e., OEMs, Internet searches, past history, supplier catalogs, current contracts.
• Analyzes and establishes lead-time requirements from suppliers that meet needs of the business.
• Manages assigned projects within designated deadlines.
• Determines and arranges timely, cost-effective transportation.
• Provides direction and support for Buyer I’s
• Monitors min-max inventory levels, plans and purchases min-max inventory for central stockroom to support business when assigned.
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Provides after hours AOG on-call support on weekends, weeknights and holidays.
• Overtime may be required to support critical deadlines
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 2%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Bachelors’ degree (BS/BA) from four-year College or university and 2 to 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ purchasing experience
• Excellent understanding of accounting principles
• Detail oriented with attention to accuracy
• Must be flexible, able to handle varying workloads and work well under pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of FAA and FAR regulations is preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Proficient in using automated purchase order systems, Internet purchase order entry and internet sourcing
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Professional Training Certifications i.e. APICS, ISM , APS
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.