Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Aircraft Completion Technician 2 (United Rotorcraft)
at Air Methods
Modify and repair aircraft systems and structures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
• Complete structural modifications to helicopters
• Install medical support systems into helicopters
• Install avionics systems and STC kits into helicopters
• Accomplish airframe structural repairs
• Replace and repair components in accordance with aircraft maintenance manuals
• Perform operational checks of helicopter systems
• Perform track and balance operations on helicopter rotor systems
• Fabricate detail sheet metal parts from blueprints
• Develop custom installations for medical and avionics equipment
• Travel to base locations to accomplish repairs or modifications
• Maintain shop equipment and areas
• Perform maintenance on rotating components of helicopters, i.e. Engines, Transmission, and Drive Shafts
• Train new employees on United Rotorcraft processes & procedures
• Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
• Regular scheduled attendance
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and five to seven years’ related aircraft sheet metal repair and modification experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in reading and interpreting blue prints
• Experience reading precision measuring equipment
• Experience in use of sheet metal related shop equipment
• Proficient in using manufacturer’s maintenance manuals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• FAA Airframe & Power Plant Certification
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.