Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Program Manager 2- Englewood, CO (United Rotorcraft)
at Air Methods
Responsible for successfully managing multiple contracts; such as, aircraft modification kits, aircraft completions, and government contracts. Prepare, disseminate and manage program requirements including statement of work, work breakdown structure, earned value management, budget performance, technical specifications, program schedules and any required program planning data. Also assists Business Development in proposal preparation activities in response to customer RFQ/RFP requirements.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following.
• Delegated the authority and charged with the responsibility to successfully manage multiple contracts; both aircraft modifications and government contracts
• Primary interface with customer
• Criteria for success are the delivery of an acceptable end product on schedule, within negotiated cost, and at the target contribution margin
• Cover three distinct contract phases:
- Execution of the contract and program authorization
- Authorization and accomplishment of the task and delivery of the end product
- Closure of the contract
• Support proposal development activities in response to custom RFQ/RFP requirements
• Determine, prepare and disseminate program requirements definitions and plans including statement of work, work breakdown structure, cost estimates, budgets, technical specifications, program schedules and any program planning data required or necessary
• Coordinate the definition and negotiate the cost and/or schedule impact of contracts and related change orders
• Coordinate and monitor the activities of the supporting functional departments including Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing and Production Control
• Define, develop and implement any program/project specific procedures and/or customer directives
• Ensure appropriate interface between the customer and the program.
• Develop and submit progress reports in accordance with contractual obligations
• Identify and mitigate program risks through the risk management process and anticipate work-around or alternative action/recovery plans as necessary
• Advise management on program status
• Perform all requirements of contract close out and customer satisfaction evaluation
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Regular scheduled attendance
• Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university and a minimum of eight years related aviation or aerospace industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3 years program management experience
• Background and experience in product manufacturing with a demonstrated understanding of fundamental program management procedures and techniques.
• Background in FAA certification procedures and policy.
• MRP II and ISO 9000 background.
• Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
• Dependable and self-motivated
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• PMP Certification preferred
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.