Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Medical Science Liaison, Southwest
at Akebia Therapeutics
Serving as a key extension of the Medical Affairs team, the Senior Medical Science Liaison will act as a company field-based clinical and medical expert responsible for communicating scientifically-based information and gaining insights in support of Akebia products. The geographical territory that this position will be responsible for includes CO, NE, NM, South Texas and UT.
- Develops and executes regional strategic medical plans for all marketed products as well as products in development across the portfolio of Akebia products and therapies.
- Identify and develop professional peer-to-peer relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs), managed market customers and other prominent healthcare providers as they relate to both Akebia's marketed and pipeline products;
- Collect intelligence through scientific and medical exchange with clinical investigators and medical experts and provide relevant information to Akebia in order to impact clinical strategies and improve medical insights;
- Deliver presentations to KOLs, P&T committee members, and other key decision makers
- Attend medical/scientific meetings and report relevant findings of strategic interest to internal customers;
- Responds to unsolicited scientific inquiries of Health Care Providers (HCPs)/investigators/healthcare systems/academic medical centers and population health decision makers integrating scientific data to meet customer needs;
- Complete all internal reporting in an accurate and timely manner;
- Adhere to all internal and external guidelines;
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Science Director
- Collaborates with partners in Medical Affairs and Research & Development in support of clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings.
- Facilitate investigator-initiated research (IIR) concepts, including the support of concept development and submissions; contracting and overseeing milestone requirements to assure progression of protocol
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license, be willing to travel up to 60% time, possess excellent presentation and teaching skills with a strong scientific and pharmaceutical knowledge;
An advanced degree (PharmD, PhD or MD) is preferred in addition to 5 years of experience as an MSL.
Preference will be given to candidates with nephrology, bone mineral disease and anemia management background.
Akebia Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.