Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Pharmacy Technician
at AllHealth Network
AllHealth Network Pharmacy provides integrated, accessible pharmacy services which improve the continuity of care and pharmacotherapy services offered to our clients, staff and the public. The pharmacy offers a full range of medication services including: dispensing, patient counseling and education, coordination of care, patient advocacy, wellness and health promotion, medication management, immunizations, patient assistance programs, durable medical equipment, compliance packaging, mailing, delivery and MedSync. The pharmacy also provides education for providers, nurses and other healthcare professionals regarding medication actions, appropriate therapy, appropriate dosage, and drug interactions.
Monday - Thursday 9AM - 6PM and Friday 9AM - 3:30PM
Assists the Pharmacist in the daily operations of the Pharmacy, including prescription processing, point-of-sale (POS) transactions and inventory management. Technicians help to ensure accurate medication dispensing and provide prompt, friendly customer service.
Goals and Objectives:
1. Assist with marketing efforts to expand pharmacy service offerings
• May include presentations to staff at different AllHealth Network locations, direct conversations with patients, distribution of marketing materials
• Train staff and/or patients on pharmacy services available and the requirements for each service
2. Achieve and maintain competency in all aspects of pharmacy operations
• Cross-train on different pharmacy processes
• Identify and research ways to implement new pharmacy processes and improvements
3. Exceed patient’s customer service expectations
• Respond immediately to patients needing service
• If unable to resolve the patient’s issue, obtain assistance from others and follow up with patient
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Greet all customers promptly and expedite prescription processing, including receiving and filling prescriptions, data entry, and other related pharmacy services as directed by the Pharmacist and allowed by law.
• Exhibit accuracy in all aspects of prescription filling
• Actively engage patients with respect to customer service programs and/or program integrations offered by the pharmacy
• Demonstrate generally accepted phone etiquette in the handling of inbound and outbound calls
• Manage Will Call Bin, retuning to stock items not picked up by customer
• Maintain a clean and organized work area to maximize workflow efficiency and minimize errors
• Operate the pharmacy computer system and the pharmacy cash register (POS system) including entering and extracting information for maximum efficiency of the department and accurate records and reports
• Assist in training other pharmacy staff in the use and operation of pharmacy computer system.
• Assist the pharmacist with ordering, receiving and stocking merchandise to maintain appropriate merchandise and inventory levels.
• Assist with filing and facing functions in the immediate area of the Pharmacy Department as directed by the Pharmacist.
• Check stock to remove outdated items, as often as deemed necessary by the Pharmacy Manager
• Strictly comply with HIPAA regulations and other laws and standards related to the protection of confidential patient information
• Demonstrate reliability and dependability through consistent and on-time attendance at work
• Demonstrate strong customer service, good communication and professionalism with patients, co-workers and outside agency personnel in order to provide high quality services and to enhance community relationships
• Attend and participate as an active member in AllHealth Network meetings, trainings and supervision as directed
• Must complete all required documentation accurately, legibly, and by established timelines.
• Follow all AllHealth Network agency and departmental policies and procedures.
• Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning (both online training and face-to-face training) within required timelines
• Performs other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience of the employee as directed by the Pharmacy Director/Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist including, but not limited to:
o Meds To Beds
o Courier Back-Up
o Patient Assistance Program
o Billing- ensures proper billing and collection of cash and third party payments for maximum profitability.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
a. Education: High School Diploma/ GED Required, Current certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board recommended.
b. Experience: Must have a minimum of 12 months experience in pharmacy and a strong knowledge of pharmacy practices.
c. Skills: Good reading, writing, oral and arithmetic skills. General medical skills regarding terminology and understanding of medical systems. Knowledge of and skilled in the use of computers (pharmacy software, Internet, and word processing systems), multi-line telephone system and office machines needed.
d. Other: Be able to demonstrate good listening skills. Be able to respond to the consumer. Be empowered to satisfy the consumer with his/her needs. Ability to lift equipment and supplies up to 15 lbs.