Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PRN Nurse Practitioner - Inpatient - Acute Care Campus
at AllHealth Network
Provide evaluation, assessment and follow-up appointments for clients with mental health and/or substance abuse diagnoses at the Acute Care Campus (ACC). Responsible for both direct psychopharmacological service to clients and consultation to clinical staff.
Goals and Objectives:
• Provide competent medical care to clients and complete associated documentation as required
• Ensure psychiatric services and follow-ups are completed within established timelines
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide psychiatric assessment/evaluation to clients within 24 hours of their admission onto the adult inpatient unit
• Provide consultation and coordination to clinical staff and nurses regarding the diagnosis, psychiatric problems, treatment and medications of clients on the unit or presenting in the walk-in center
• Provide daily follow-up medication appointments to evaluate and monitor medication effectiveness including any side effects or adverse reactions
• Attend daily clinical rounds and participate with inter-disciplinary treatment team to review medical necessity of clients on the inpatient unit; discuss treatment recommendations, discharge plan, legal status and daily discharges
• Write all orders for discharges, transfers, changes in legal status, and prescribed medications as indicated
• On-call hours are required on a rotating schedule with other campus medical providers
• Collaborate when necessary with partner medical facility doctors, BHOs, outpatient providers and insurance companies to provide appropriate continuity of care
• Complete all required paperwork accurately, legibly, and within established timeframes, and to accepted standards of practice
• Ensure the Diagnosis page is updated and consistent with the psychiatric evaluation for each client
• Understand and follow policies and procedures regarding the use of seclusion and restraint, mental health holds, medications, grievance information and client rights.
• Follow all AllHealth Network policies and procedures
• Complete all required trainings as listed in Relias Learning (both online training and face-to-face training) within required timelines
• Perform other duties as required within the scope of the position and the experience, education and ability of the employee.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
• Master’s Degree (MSN/MS)
• Licensed in the State of Colorado as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APN)
• Must have at least one year post-master’s direct clinical experience with adult psychiatric clients in a medical/behavioral health setting
• Must have experience working with psychiatric medications with both acute and chronically mentally ill clients
• Demonstrated interpersonal and clinical leadership skills
• Decision making ability, organizational skills and effective communication skills
• Medical expertise, ability to establish effective consulting relationships and function collaboratively in multiple systems
• Must be able to collaborate with professionals within the medical field, mental health providers and external agencies
AllHealth Network supports the mission of Psych Hub to provide free, engaging, best-in-class mental health education.
Please click on the link below for a list of recommended topics and videos:
AllHealth Network is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.