Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - Westminster, CO
at Alliance Data
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 0099334
Working as part of a team, you will play an integral role in creating peace of mind for Alliance Data Card Services and our associates by protecting company assets, minimizing risk, and ensuring overall safety & security at assigned location. This is not a typical “security guard” position sitting at a static post having limited interaction with others, instead it is a highly interactive position in a fast-paced environment that values our security team. While prior law enforcement or security experience is preferred, it is not required. We will train you to provide and maintain a safe working environment for our associates, contractors, and visitors, how to actively patrol and respond to potential threats against the company, and how to act as a first-responder in emergency situations. As a Security Officer, you will provide best-in-class security for Alliance Data Card Services, conducting focused patrols in order to protect people, property and information within your assigned area of responsibility. You will work as part of a team, but must also be prepared to act independently as the situation may warrant, as you will at times be the only security officer available to respond to incidents, answer questions or independently assess situations to formulate response actions.
Supervisor or Manager
Essential Job Functions
Life Safety - Secures premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; ensuring facilities and restricted areas are properly secured and controlling/permitting entry for associates and non-associates. Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities; identifies and addresses policy infractions with violators; investigates hazards and unusual or suspicious circumstances; checks electronic and mechanical devices that require monitoring and recording to report any abnormal conditions.
Associate Engagement - Provide excellent customer service to our associates, clients, and guests as an important ambassador of Alliance Data's unique culture. Security Officers must be engaging, approachable, and friendly while also demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and diligence when interacting with peers, associates, clients, guests and others.
Emergency Management - Render first-responder services to all emergencies and incidents within the scope of your training. Escalate emergencies that are outside the scope of your training to Police, Fire or Emergency Medical Services.
Adminstrative - Prepare incident reports utilizing an electronic incident reporting application to include recording observations, information, occurrences, activities, and interviewing witnesses; using various systems and computer applications to manage access control, video surveillance, emergency response, communications, and others; answering phone calls and directing them appropriately.that are outside the scope of your training to Police, Fire or Emergency Medical Services. Perform additional duties relating to special events or other circumstances as needed.
Technology - Monitor environmental, building and equipment controls and report irregularities; monitor fire and other life safety systems and report irregularities; respond to system alarms according to procedure.
High School Diploma or GED
Two years of college education or current enrollment in a security or law enforcement program(s) is preferred.
1-2 years of professional security experience in the public, private or government sector is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to respond quickly to security related events and medical incidents, lift or carry equipment, participate in defensive tactics/personal protection training and numerous other physically demanding tasks
- Ability to communicate with others at all levels in the organization
- Computer proficiency
- Willingness to be flexible with hours and schedule for 24/7/365 operations
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures
- Experience with access control and/or Closed Circuit Television systems
- Ability to follow the chain of command, and report required information accurately and in a timely manner to Leads, Supervisors and Managers within the Security organizaiton
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements
Security Officers are expected to be able to respond quickly to security related events and medical incidents, lift or carry equipment, participate in defensive tactics/personal protection training and numerous other physically demanding tasks. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and functions of the job and are not meant to be all inclusive.
Bending, Climbing, Kneeling, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Lifting (Up to 50 lbs), Vehicle operation.
Must be able to obtain and/or maintain CPR/First Aid certification within 30 days of employment to be able to appropriately respond to emergencies.
Alliance Data card services business
Alliance Data's card services business develops market-leading private label, co-brand, and business credit card programs for many of the world's most recognizable brands. Through our branded credit programs, we help build more profitable relationships between our partners and their cardmembers, and drive lasting loyalty. We uphold our Know more. Sell more.® promise by leveraging unmatched customer insights, advanced analytics, and broad-reaching innovative capabilities. It's how we deliver increased sales to our partners, build enduring loyalty to their brands, and provide more value to our cardmembers.
- Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of credit and background checks.
- Alliance Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Alliance Data will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for Alliance Data.
- Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.
- Alliance Data will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal and credit histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To learn more, visit www.KnowMoreSellMore.com/careers