Allied Reliability Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Controls Sales Engineer
at Allied Reliability Group
- # of Openings
- Direct Hire
As a BAS/Controls Sales Engineer you will be responsible for selling Building Automation System (BAS) design-build retrofit projects and assisting in growing our energy service business. You will be marketing and selling to facility owners and managers in various commercial markets including hospitality, healthcare, commercial property management, local government and industrial. This position is based in Denver. This is a fast-paced environment with a large client base and continuous project opportunities.
Sales / Marketing / Project Management
- Identification of prospects in assigned market.
- Promptly follow up on leads and referrals.
- Establish customer rapport and identify needs.
- Appraise and survey mechanical and BAS systems and determine maintenance, repair and modification requirements.
- Develop BAS project scopes, select appropriate controllers and other related components.
- Properly apply company pricing.
- Effective sales presentations.
- Interpret mechanical and controls drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Assist in developing control drawings and BAS sequence of operations.
- Maintain and leverage Subcontractor relationships.
- Aggressively manage quotes to close sales.
- Maintain an active backlog of quotes to assure booking goal is consistently met.
- Redeem annual booking plan in assigned markets.
- Maintain assigned key accounts at planned booking levels.
- Assist Project Manager in execution of project, including procurement of components and coordination with technicians and subcontractors.
- Assist Project Manager in coordination with local building departments to secure project permits and to manage permit inspections.
- Assist Project Manager in BAS start-up and commissioning process.
- Work with customers throughout project to ensure customer satisfaction and to develop change orders for work outside of the initial project scope.
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on "add-on" sales opportunities.
- Achieves "add on" revenue goals.
- Assists in the identification of strategic accounts.
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalizes on equity and partnership opportunities.
The following qualifications along with individuals previous work experience will be considered by the company when evaluating applicants:
- College degree, engineering preferred.
- At least three years of experience with business to business sales.
- Five years experience in BAS/controls, HVAC, or energy/sustainability services.
- Strong estimating skills.
- Energy efficiency experience.
- Professional image.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to engage in professional networking.
- Demonstrated completion of professional sales training courses.