Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Structural
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is expanding and has an exciting opportunity for a Bridge Engineer to join our Denver, CO team. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment offering a variety of challenging projects. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and a desire for career growth. Seeking an enthusiastic professional interested in challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Design task leader for structural projects including bridges, walls, culverts and foundations
- Assist in detailing plan sets and work with CADD Technicians
- Develops plan sets and writes reports
- Attends and actively participates in client meetings
- Assists in developing marketing proposals
- Will utilize MicroStation and InRoads for bridge design and will oversee and direct the work of technicians and other engineers
- Assists in training staff from other disciplines on MicroStation, Inroads and CDOT standards
- The successful candidate may take on a project management role
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- MS in Structural Engineering preferred
- 3 - 5 years + in related bridge design and transportation projects
- EIT required
- PE in Colorado or the ability to obtain a PE within a year of hire desired
- Demonstrated technical ability in design of a wide range of bridge types
- Familiarity with structural analysis software such as LARSA or SAP2000
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD bridge design specifications
- Rail road bridge design experience using the AREMA code is a plus
- Demonstrated consistency and attention to detail; proven track record successfully completing small and / or large - scale projects
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members on large multi - discipline projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in MicroStation and Inroads
- Experience with CDOT and / or Central Federal Lands projects preferred
- Must pass drug test, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!