Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Data Analyst, GIS Specialist
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-CO-Grand Junction
- Department / Discipline
- Information Technology
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Data Analyst, GIS Specialist to interface with multidisciplinary team to generate and collate data from ORION ScanSortSM and ScanPlotSM radiation detection technologies; create a database from large volumes of field data; generate queries to summarize and analyze the data statistically and spatially; produce data summaries and reports. This is a full-time position based at the Grand Junction, CO Radiological Services & Engineering office.
- Develop and maintain the database environment for the collection and assimilation of large volumes of field data generated from the ORION ScanSortSM and ScanPlotSM systems
- Create, execute and maintain automated data transfer from remote locations and backup routines
- Use ArcGIS to analyze the data spatially, interpolate the data to identify areas requiring additional investigation and provide this information back to the field team in a timely manner
- Use Microsoft Access (or other appropriate data base) software to query the data to generate summary statistics, perform statistical analysis, and generate standardized reports
- Generate project specific data summaries, reports and Electronic Data Deliverables (EDD)
- Develop visual data representations to effectively communicate data to clients
- Effectively communicates with team members
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years database management experience
- Minimum of 1 years GIS and spatial data analysis experience
- AS or BS degree desired, or equivalent in experience and education
- Skilled and proficient at data base (Microsoft Access) management and design manipulation
- Skilled and proficient at ArcGIS including spatial data analysis interpolation and visualization
- Fundamental understanding of inferential statistics and graphical presentation of statistical data
- Proficiency in office software to include Windows OS, and MS Office, especially MS Excel and MS Word
- Familiarity with Equis database and other database engines, preferred
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Occasional travel to project sites including international
- Must pass drug test, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving policy
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!