Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- HSSEA Director
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Director to support our Pipeline Construction team based from Greeley, CO. The position of HSSE Manager reports directly to the Vice President HSSE for the Wood Process & Energy Group.
** US Only- Authorization to work permanently in the US withour sponsorship required.
This is a senior level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and well-being of others in our industry. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health commensurate with the desired position. This includes experience with behavior based programs and concepts, training, injury management, program development, personnel management, leadership development, site management, supervisor engagement, client interaction, management counsel, injury care, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive.
*Wood will not sponsor an employment Visa to fill this position.
Key Aims & Objectives
Positively influence employees, management team and overall business unit by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management. Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence.
- Support Wood’s HSSE initiatives, programs and overall safety culture
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Business Unit and overall Wood needs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols for all project locations
- Ensure the business is legally compliant with all health and safety legislation
- Manage incident investigation and root cause analysis processes, and prepare required report(s)
- Lead employees and crews in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for all projects
- Gain knowledge and understanding of applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the overall business unit
- Engage in the HSSE Training process for the Project
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees and management team
- Oversee injury care for employees and partner with People & Organization in all injury claims
- Supervise the needs of the Project HSSE Department
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Construction HSSE management, with at least 4 years in a management role
- Understanding of basic construction work practices
- Capable of providing HSSE oversight for business unit with projects based throughout the United States
- OSHA 500
- NCCER ICTP Course for Instructors
- PBS Facilitator Workshop
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification
- Additional leadership or HSSE based continuing education
- Thorough understanding of construction work practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; includes use of proper grammar, spelling, etc.
- Ability to interact with both craft and supervisory employees
- High level of integrity for reporting as well as upholding company policy, personal activities, etc.
- Ability to complete basic HSSE related tasks with little direction after initial assignment
- Ability to objectively audit compliance in the workplace
- Nationally recognized certifications (CSP, ASP. CHST, or OHST) and/or Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or related field
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the responsibilities and duties as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must have full range of motion consistent with age
- May be required consistently to work 12+ hour shifts performing construction based labor in varying temperature extremes and conditions
- May be required, on occasion, to work up to 16 hours in a single shift
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on stairs, ladders, scaffolds and steel framework
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands and alerts from other employees, alarms, and other job related noises
- Visual acuity, depth perception and color discrimination consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently inspect the project and may be exposed to ongoing construction and various weather conditions
- The noise level in the work environment may range from moderate to loud
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!