Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- General Management
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Operational Director for our Asset Solutions Americas business (ASA) based in our Denver office. Within this position you will be focusing on Onshore Upstream and Midstream business.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
The role is responsible for determining and executing on win strategy for new opportunities within the business. Additionally, responsible for technical and financial delivery of all projects executed from the Denver office. Set direction for growth and development of Denver ASA operations. Successful candidates will need to have prior experience and positive report with target clients such as Oxy, Exxon/XTO and Equinor as well as Denver based Oil and Gas Exploration and Transportation companies. In performing the above, here are the following responsibilities:
- Ability to determine relevant deliverables for a given opportunity
- Ability to structure and manage teams for Denver based projects.
- Successful experience working within a Matrix organization with shared employee ownership/management.
- Identification of and solicitation of interest with prospective clients on alternate options to achieve same goal with less expense
- Ability to work with commercial to determine appropriate pricing for opportunity
- Experience working with contract administration and Business Development to screen/begin initial contract negotiations for business
- Select team that will sell and execute work
- During execution meet with team weekly to assess progress, determine weak points and address pro-actively with HED, PM, E&IS, Field Services, Procurement or other contributing groups to the project
- Function in Sponsor Director/Role with client peer to ensure successful execution and client satisfaction
- Work with clients and project team to manage invoicing process and influence DSO
- Work with teams to ensure as-sold margins are maintained during execution
- Work in conjunction with BD representatives to maintain existing client accounts and capture new by assisting with presentations showcasing Wood’s capabilities, specific approach to project of interest, etc.
- Help build work-share relationships with HVEC in a measured way to bring average composite sell rate down without diminishing quality
- Work to enhance Wood EPC offering by working with Field Services, Environmental Services, and Construction Services
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Engineering degree preferred
- 15 + years of relevant experience, with 5+ years of experience in pipeline and pipeline facility projects is required
- Prior experience and intimate knowledge of the deliverables, hour build-ups and time lines to achieve production in order to guide the team to be competitive in this sector of the market
- Working knowledge of the key vendors who supply equipment in this space in order to provide guidance to the teams and clients is strongly preferred
- Additional working knowledge of mainline transmission projects and product lines is strongly preferred
- PMP, PE certifications preferred but not required
- Experience in the upstream segment of the midstream is preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!