American Express Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Leader - Fraud Merchant Review Team
at American Express Company
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This Team Leader/ B30 role will lead the Fraud Merchant Review Team - a team of Merchant Risk Specialists responsible for credit and fraud review processes across 10 European markets within Global Fraud Protection Services (part of Global Credit and Fraud Network). The team play a critical role in the Merchant journey and experience as they balance reducing future loss exposure for American Express whilst satisfying Merchant customer needs. In 2018, the team successfully provided $1.5m loss avoidance for the business.
Core Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handling circa 1,000 referrals/ month with a total exposure of $25m monthly
- Driving key operational metrics to ensure day to day production effectiveness (e.g. time to 1st touch and average time to release)
- Reviewing new Merchant signings for potential fraud/credit concerns.
- Management of long term held funds to within 5% of the overall inventory.
- Charge Verification Programme offering inbound service to key Merchant signings.
- Reducing losses to GMS P&L through effective team processing, and internal collaboration.
In addition to the core functions the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Build the Best Team
- Maximising team effectiveness: establishing clear performance goals and expectations a whilst also creating meaningful development plans to address gaps and opportunities
- Inspiring a multicultural and diverse team to perform at their full potential, bringing the best out every colleague and encouraging a ‘we can' attitude to problem solving.
- Building a robust talent pipeline through colleague engagement and development
Lead with an External Perspective
- Embedding 1FV (One Fraud Voice) methodology and deliver on coaching excellence initiatives to the team
- Understanding customer pain points and instilling a Customer First mind set across the team to address them
- Delivering regulatory requirements across multiple markets including Business Self Testing, Compliance and Procedure at Agent level, Customer Complaint handling
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven track record in an operational Team Leader role (minimum 18 months).
- Experience of providing effective leadership, coaching and management to a diverse operational team
- A true people leader with a demonstrated ability of developing premium talent and driving excellent team spirit and colleague engagement to win as one team.
- Able to articulate broad business objectives to different stakeholders across all levels of management
- A strong growth mind-set to manage constant change, and resilience to overcome obstacles in an ever changing environment
- Excellent time management and organisational skills are essential
- Must have a ‘can-do attitude', curiosity and a healthy competitiveness
- Experience of leading multiple markets, work streams and stakeholders would be a distinct advantage.
Why American Express?
There's a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people's lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We've also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they're ready to take on a new career path, we're right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don't make a difference without it.
Don't live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.