American Tire Distributors, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Delivery Driver (non CDL) in Denver, CO at American Tire Distributors
at American Tire Distributors, Inc.
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Position Description:Primary focus is the delivery of product to customers ensuring customer satisfaction through on-time delivery, safe, accurate, and professional interaction. The Delivery Driver (non-CDL) is responsible for providing timely transportation of products from origin to destination as assigned, along with unloading and staging products at customer’s place of business. Expected to maintain professional representation of the Company in all interactions with customers and through responsible driving, while providing excellent customer service and building strong customer relationships.
- Maintain Safe Driving and Material Handling
- Timely transportation of product from origin to destination as assigned
- Verify all outgoing and incoming product for accuracy
- Collect payments from customers in monetary form acceptable to Company
- Accurately record all Delivery and Return transactions via iPhone app.
- Ensure all administrative documentation concerning delivery orders required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate documentation accompanies delivery
- Maintain professional representation of the Company in all interactions with customers and through responsible driving
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by law and Company policy
- Abide by all Company safety policies and state and federal transportation regulations
- Occasionally operate powered industrial vehicles (forklift pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.)
Key Partners (Positions):
- DC Supervisor(s)
- DC Admin Clerk
- DC Warehouse Associates
- Distribution Excellence Manager
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must possess valid Class “C” driver’s license, or such other proper license classification as to the above qualifications required by the Department of Transportation in conjunction with vehicle weight
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience driving in a professional capacity (preferred)
- Proficient with the operation of Smart Phone/Tablet/iPhone (Preferred)
- Customer Service Experience (Preferred)
- Knowledge of Tires (Preferred)
Such alternatives as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Innovative – Think Big – Seeks out new ways to do things; Embraces and champions change; Solves Problems
- Collaborative – Team Player – Works well with others to complete a task or achieve a goal; embraces input and feedback from others; Takes partners to make the best decision
- Accountable – Ownership – Takes ownership and pride in work and area of responsibility; Open to feedback; Understands the implications of their actions and decisions
- Respectful – Humility – Maintains a professional demeanor; Shows deference while dealing with a diverse group of people, Contributes to a positive work environment
- Excellent – Be Your Best – Strives for excellence in all activities and decisions, Seeks out ways to improve performance and processes
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 75% of the time, no overnight stays (CDL drivers will have overnight stays)
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R09929