Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
USAFA - Modeling and Simulation Engineer - Air Force Academy, CO
at Apogee Engineering
- 19-Nov-2018 to 18-Feb-2019 (MST)
- Air Force
- USAF Academy, CO, USA
- Full Time
2016 SBA Prime Contractor of the Year, Region VIII
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Modeling & Simulation Engineer in support of the United States Air Force Academy (USAFA) located in Colorado Springs, CO. The Modeling & Simulation Engineer will provide engineering support for expertise with integrating different types of hardware, networking and software, as well as the development and support of academic scenarios to the USAFA Cadet Battle Lab for the Department of Military and Strategic Studies.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of federal government organizations. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of venue, agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with the CBL Director, MSS Curriculum Division personnel, and Course Directors as part of the Planning Team to create, test and iterate games across various electronic media
- Design and develop game kits/scenarios that consist of well-designed, documented, fully working games for college students to use, re-create and customize
- Implement gaming/simulation scenarios to facilitate cadet learning by way of research laboratory resources
- Evaluate and write a report on the effects of introducing new software into a proven operational environment
- Advise, assist, and make recommendations regarding the identification of applicable tools, software programming, alternative gaming/simulation platforms, and data integration opportunities to implement into academic scenarios
- Identify relevant data collection streams to be collected during the game
- Develop adjudication plan, included within game design document
- Maintain, sustain, update and manipulate an organic war gaming software platform developed by the USAFA Computer Science Department
- Coordinate with CBL Director, Curriculum Division personnel, and Course Directors as part of the Planning Team tasked with producing and developing customized scenarios that align with course learning objectives/proficiencies or support research and education activities of the Center of Airpower Studies (CAPS)
- Develop gaming/simulation scenarios that can be executed in both an electronic or tabletop medium, to facilitate cadet learning of contemporary multi-domain military concepts
- Develop scenarios utilizing vignettes, case studies, and role players to achieve learning outcomes
- Research information/create products/replicate and deliver graphical and word products
- Create, develop and aid in the design and modification of 5-10 analytical and training games
- Coordinate with game developer and create a Master Events and Master Injects list based on Planning Team/Instructor course objectives in order to drive the scenario in the required direction
- Maintain the Cadet Battle Lab (CBL) in excellent working order to facilitate course instruction and related laboratory events
- Make purchase recommendations to the Director based on inventory consumption and predetermined desired inventory levels
- Travel may be required.
What you will need to have:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related
- Expertise in combat air, space, and cyberspace combat operations in addition to joint and coalition assets and capabilities
- Proficient in computer programming and/or software development with an ability to write code in a variety of languages
- Experience in implementation and design of research scenarios through programming in a variety of software systems, especially with regard to military specific modeling and simulation platforms
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with academic professionals, technical experts, and subject matter experts, demonstrating respect and professionally mature group and individual interaction skills
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.