Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Relationship Liaison (Driving)
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Sales Field
- Location : Location
- US-CO-Colorado Springs
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
This role maintains relationships and favorable contacts with current accounts/patients and provides the ability to ensure patients have the required equipment to support their home healthcare needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a single point of contact for a specific account or accounts.
- Responds to customer needs, concerns and complaints in a timely manner.
- Consults with clients and referral sources on products and necessary equipment.
- Obtains all documentation to be scanned and batched at the Branch.
- Manages all follow-up functions with the account, post set-up.
- Oversees all transactions coming from a specific account(s), including all referral sources.
- Obtains all required documentation for orders to be entered into the system, service scheduling and billing/payment.
- Contacts patients to confirm orders and communicates any financial obligations before referral for delivery/service scheduling.
- Assesses patient’s needs and promotes company products/services at office visits, as appropriate.
- Proactively resolves issues by anticipating and identifying problems then coordinating the appropriate solution(s).
- Troubleshoots any issues that may arise with the medical groups and any relevant on-site departments.
- Assists medical groups and/or other provider groups to understand the products and services available under the contract.
- Assists in the utilization process as well as transitioning members related to capitation switch outs.
- Coordinates patient services with physicians and medical groups.
- Identifies and develops strategic relationships within the institution that will enhance patient care.
- Participates in the institution’s quality assurance/performance improvement initiatives as requested.
• Performs timely follow up on initial/renewal authorizations to maintain reimbursement of products/services.
- Performs follow up on outstanding CMNs, Renewal CMNs, and prescriptions.
- May instruct patients on basic use of respiratory therapy equipment, durable medical equipment, oxygen equipment, and other equipment/services in accordance with training received and approved by state licensure limitations.
- Responds to emergency calls and related needs as needed during regular business hours and on an On-Call basis.
- Effectively works and coordinates timely discharges with Customer Care Center and/or Branch Customer Service Team.
- Operates a Personally Owned Vehicle (POV) and/or company vehicle (non-CDL) in accordance with the essential job functions.
- Sets-up and delivers home healthcare products and services.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma required
- At least 2 years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Learn and comply with all Department of Transportation, Transportation Safety Management (TSM) and POV requirements applicable for the safe and complaint use of Apria vehicles and POVs.
- Participate in and successfully complete ongoing training and development to become and remain qualified to perform the essential job functions.
- Geographically located within the assigned territory.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Must Poses a Valid Driver’s License
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Basic skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Basic level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable). In addition:
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a hand-held device, telephone and use a document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibility and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking and hearing.
• This position requires frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- The employee must be able to safely operate and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light) vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and read documents.
- The position requires occasional lifting and/or moving items up of to 25 pounds frequently and occasionally up to 40lbs.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. In addition:
- The employee is required to inspect and safely operate a motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet