Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Respiratory Therapist, Lead - RT
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Clinical - Respiratory
- Location : Location
- US-CO-Colorado Springs
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment.
- Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on individual needs.
- Assists other respiratory therapy personnel on the uses and instruction of more complex equipment.
- Responds to emergency calls on an on-call basis.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, nasal CPAP and ventilation. Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Usually handles the most complex cases. Assigns, directs work and coaches staff.
- Schedules and organizes work assignments.
- Ensures work is performed accurately and efficiently.
- Provides input on performance appraisals and selection, promotion, merit increases and employee discipline.
- Typically oversees 2 - 4 nonexempt employees.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition and home environment.
- Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding respiratory patient care
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- An associate degree or graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is required.
- At least five years related experience is required.
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy, or hold a current RN or LPN license in the state of practice if allowed by the applicable state Respiratory Care Practice Act and other state regulatory agencies.
- Hold a current CPR Certification.
- Respiratory care experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Apria's respiratory therapy orientation and competency evaluation program.
- Must possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet