Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales - Clinical Account Manager - Respiratory Therapist
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Clinical - Sales
- Location : Location
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
This position is primarily responsible for selling and servicing Apria products and services at their assigned hospitals and medical groups. This includes generating clinical demand, facilitating discharge of patients from Acute Care settings, providing education on usage of therapeutic equipment for NPWT, Enteral Nutrition, and NIV to patient and caregivers, procuring required paperwork for billing and coordinating logistics of equipment for home delivery with patient and branch staff. This position will work with the Branch Managers to develop and execute specific strategies and tactics to achieve sales (quarterly quota), customer satisfaction and profitability goals. The applicant must be highly motivated, flexible, and sales/service oriented. In addition, the position assists in the treatment and management of patients with clinical needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts daily sales calls to high potential case managers, doctors and other sales targets in assigned accounts as determined by Branch Managers
- Creates and maintains call plans to qualify new and maintain existing referrals to grow the business
- Enters call plan and outcomes into the CRM system
- Partners with the Branch Managers to review call plan to achieve strategic goals
- Collaborates with case managers, payers, referral sources, home health agencies and Apria intake staff to facilitate discharges
- Obtains supportive documentation for clinical and financial patient care management
- Provides patient/caregiver initial education and documentation around usage of equipment and/or supplies for wound care and other therapies
- Communicates follow-up information to case managers after patient discharge
- Identifies on-site educational opportunities with hospital staff
- Provides continuing education programs as needed to on-site hospital and payer case managers
- Identifies and develops strategic relationships within the institution that will enhance patient care
- Facilitates communication amongst all members of the patient care team
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in patient care
- Participates in the institution's quality assurance/performance improvement initiatives as requested
- Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
- Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.
- Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy, apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive ventilation.
- Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and follow-up documentation.
- Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment, medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Must possess a valid and current driver’s license and auto insurance per Apria policy. May be required to drive personal vehicle for patient home visits.
- Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Does not include RN or LPN clinicians.
- Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice (or states that the location covers) if that state requires an RCP license to allow the practice of respiratory therapy.
- Hold a current CPR Certification.
- Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states of practice.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Four-year college degree with two years of medical sales experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Successful completion of Apria’s training and competency assessments
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain solid working relationships with internal and external customers
- Learn and comply with all Department of Transportation requirements determined for use of Apria vehicles
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to participate in ongoing training and development
- Geographically located within the assigned territory
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet