Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Apria Healthcare
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Logistics (Driver Positions)
- Location : Location
- US-CO-Colorado Springs
- Full/Part Time
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
- Schedules and organizes daily deliveries and pick-ups for delivery employees according to geographic area and availability of delivery employees.
- Schedules additional deliveries as patient and referral requests are received.
- Assigns, directs work and coaches staff.
- Ensures delivery staff assembles and departs location within required time frame.
- Prepares performance appraisals and makes recommendations on selection, promotion, merit increases and employee discipline.
- Participates in developmental tasks designed to build supervisory skills.
- May occasionally perform supervisor's responsibilities if there is a temporary shortage of department supervision.
- Delivers and picks up equipment from homecare patients. Sets up equipment and instructs patients on the basic use of equipment. Assists patients in solving problems regarding equipment use.
- Ensures staff compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements including providing documents for the driver qualification file and abiding by hours of service, daily log, hazardous materials (placarding, training and shipping papers) and vehicle inspection and maintenance regulations.
- Maintains daily vehicle maintenance logs and delivery employee incident reports.
- Ensures trucks are in proper working condition.
- Ensures preventative maintenance on trucks is performed on a timely basis.
- Ensures delivery employees load trucks properly within required timeframe.
- Assists delivery employees with special orders and equipment. May assist delivery employees with the loading of trucks when necessary.
- Maintains accurate files containing purchase orders of equipment and medical supplies.
- Compiles data on delivery productivity, such as number of stops made and number of miles driven.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least five years related experience is required.
- Must possess a commercial driver’s license with hazardous materials, cargo tank and air brake endorsements.
- Must meet job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T., F.D.A. and Joint Commissions regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, telephone and use a document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly, legibility and transcribe accurate information and numbers/values.
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking and hearing.
- This position requires frequent variations including sitting, walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- The employee must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light) vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and read documents.
- Strength Aspects:
o Occasionally required to stand and lift objects from 1” to 36” high with weights ranging from 10 lbs - 160 lbs, and carry objects for distances ranging from 1 ft -350 ft, including travel up and down stairs or in elevators.
o Occasionally required to push or pull objects weighing from 20 lbs – 60 lbs, up and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds, using dollies or carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may include outdoor surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances pushed or pulled could range from 1-25 ft on average.
o Occasionally required to grip objects with hands, up to 15 lbs of force.
o Occasionally required to grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs of force.
- Body Position and Flexibility Elements
o Occasionally required to climb 100 stairs on average ranging from 3”-10” in height,
o Occasionally stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up to 20” in height.
o Occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10’ high, in general.
o Occasionally required to bend down at the waist to a torso level of 24” above the floor.
o Occasionally required to reach, on average, 20” away from the body.
o Occasionally required to kneel on one or both knees and squat to perform many of the above tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to inspect and safely operate a motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
- During off site travel events the employee may be required to ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on deliveries and enter into patient homes.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be requires to use hand tools for assembly and repair, material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special precautions and PPE.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k).
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet