Arapahoe Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Aide Faculty and Program Chair
at Arapahoe Community College
The Nurse Aide Faculty and Program Chair will lead the Nurse Aide Certificate program at Arapahoe Community College. ACC’s Nurse Aide program is a one-semester part-time program that prepares students for entry-level employment in acute care, long-term care, and hospice facilities.
As the Chair of the CNA program, this position will serve as the content expert for the College and ensure that the program remains compliant with Colorado State Board of Nursing requirements. The Program Chair will also contract with clinical sites for practicums, manage the CNA Department budget, hire instructors, and oversee the labs. Additionally, the CNA Faculty and Program Chair will develop and prepare programs and course plans, select materials, deliver course content using traditional and contemporary methods of instruction, maintain required office and campus hours, develop and evaluate curriculum, perform advising and retention activities, and assess student learning outcomes.
Faculty members generally teach 30 credit hours annually, 15 credit hours each fall and spring semester. Faculty have the option to teach additional courses during the summer semester for additional compensation. Assigned courses can be online or in-person at our Littleton and Castle Rock campuses, or offsite at a clinical facility.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Salary to be commensurate with experience and education.
- Bachelors of Science in nursing, or higher
- Current RN or LPN license (must have held license for at least one year)
- Have, or qualify for, a postsecondary CTE credential including 4,000 paid non-teaching occupational hours within the last 5 years
- Two years adult clinical nursing experience caring for chronically ill and/or elderly patients
- Have one of the following: completed a course in teaching adults, documented experience in teaching adults, or one year experience managing nurse aides
- Postsecondary instructional experience, or training equivalent
- One year clinical nursing experience in a long-term care facility.
- Experience managing a budget
- Demonstrated success building professional relationships and working collaboratively with internal and external constituents and outside agencies
- Competency with multiple instructional delivery methods such as online, hybrid, web-enhanced, and face-to-face
- Experience developing and marketing programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Work Environment: Work is generally performed in a standard office environment. Courses may be held at the Littleton campus, Castle Rock campus, or offsite at a clinical facility. Some travel is required to attend meetings and perform clinical site visits
The following are some of the physical demands commonly associated with this position.
- Occasionally lifts, carries, pulls or pushes up to 50 lbs.
- May need to stoop, reach, handle, have manual dexterity and the ability to talk and hear.
- Mental function demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
Advertised Salary Range: Starting salary for this position is at least $57,720 based on 166 contract days within an academic year (August - May). Salary will be pro-rated based on the number of contract days worked. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. This is a full-time, FLSA exempt position. Questions about salary should be directed to ACCaskHR@arapahoe.edu.
To Apply: All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications (if applicable), and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Your application materials should clearly indicate how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application scroll to the bottom of this page.
Closing Date: Monday, December 3, 2018 at 4:00 PM
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Angela Williams, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arapahoe Community College (ACC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other protected category under applicable local, state, or federal law, in the admission or access to, treatment of, or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.