Arrow Stage Lines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanic - $2,000 Hiring Bonus + Relocation
at Arrow Stage Lines
Join our team and earn a $2,000 bonus + up to $5,000 in Relocation!*
Salary - $22-$33/hour based upon experience
Shift Differential Pay for 2nd and 3rd Shifts!*
Diesel Service Technicians/Mechanics Needed!
Come grow with us and be a part of the elite maintenance team that keeps our motorcoaches on the road AND maintain a safety rating that continues to be higher than 95% of all other motorcoach carriers across the nation!
Be part of a team where everyone knows your name and you have opportunities to grow in your career!
We are looking for diesel technicians to grow our team in the Omaha location! Join our incredible maintenance team, which averages 13.4 years of industry experience, and learn from the best technicians in the industry, while working on some of the latest and most pristine equipment on the road!
Arrow Stage Lines takes pride in being an industry leader in safety and innovation, and the maintenance team that keeps our motorcoaches safe and on the road! Our diesel techs are an integral part of the Arrow family, and their contributions are valued as such. Click on the link below to hear more about our culture here at Arrow.
We strive to help our mechanics succeed by offering continuing education, providing innovative technology and equipment, a generous tool reimbursement program, and a fun environment to work in! Watch some of videos below!
Arrow Stage Lines is a stable, secure company with 13 locations across the country, and has been family owned since 1928. We provide charter bus transportation to tour groups, professional and college sports teams, dignitaries, entertainers and more.
- Handles driver vehicle write-up requests on a daily basis.
- Repairs defects on equipment.
- Signs off repaired defects on ZONAR and Vehicle Maintenance System
- Maintains and monitors preventative maintenance schedules on company vehicles using our VMS.
- Performs routine maintenance such as oil changes, mounts and balances tires, checks batteries, and lubricates equipment and machinery.
- Operates hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, grinders, welding equipment, jacks and hoists.
- Test drives all company vehicles to verify complaint, assist in diagnosis and understand malfunctions, and to ensure that they are working properly through correct repair procedures. (Busses only If CDL with “P” endorsement is obtained)
- Inspects, tests, and listens to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as gauges, digital voltmeters, laptops, manuals, manufacturer support systems, other forms of diagnosis to include- manufacturer support call centers, representatives, online training as well as manuals
- Examines and adjusts protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Attaches test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Repairs and adjust seats, doors and windows, and installs and repairs accessories
- Removes, installs, dismounts, mounts, balances, repairs and perform general work with tires.
- Ensures compliance with DOT, EPA and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Complies with company PPE policy at all times.
- Able to learn, understand and use company Vehicle Management System.
- Complete training requirements set forth by manager.
- Complies with company scheduled hours.
- Works in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities are encountered.
- Complies with company and safety policies and procedures. Ensures a safe working environment.
- Ensures all warranty and core parts are returned to proper area and tagged correctly
- Ensures your work order is designated correctly and comply with warranty procedures
- Two Health insurance options
- Dental and vision insurance
- Company paid Group Life Insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick leave
- Career advancement - We promote from within!
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic computer function capabilities.
- Skill to organize self and surroundings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License with a “P” endorsement. Increase in wage after CDL with "P" endorsement is obtained.
- Ability to pass a physical and drug test, which includes a back screen which includes repetitive lifting, pushing and pulling of 80 lbs. plus.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under time and budgetary pressures.
- Ability to write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly with drivers and other staff.
- Ability to make repair decisions in a fast-paced environment based upon what would be in the best interest of the company
- Ability to work independently and self motivated.
- Ability to solve problems and maintenance issues.
- Ability to become familiar with DDEC, CatET, Cummins INSITE, Allison software
- Must be a team player and willing to accept and support company processes and systems.
- Ability to maintain a minimum of 90% shop efficiency rate
Minimum 2 years maintenance experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school) preferred
- Brake and AC Certifications preferred
*Relocation will be paid for qualified moving expenses