Aspen School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Elementary School Reading Teacher
at Aspen School District
Aspen Elementary School seeks a full-time Reading Teacher to begin duties in August 2019.
Purpose: The reading teacher is responsible for intensive intervention with students, implementing standards-based reading instructional practices to improve reading achievement at the elementary school. This specialist will work one-on-one or in small groups with students to meet Tier 2 and 3 intervention needs as well as serve as a Tier 1 resource.
Supervisor: This position reports to the Principal of Aspen Elementary School
- A current Colorado teaching license with an endorsement in reading or the eligibility to obtain this license within the first 3 months of hire;
- A deep understanding of evidence-based reading research and practices for teaching reading and assessing student progress toward achievement of benchmarks;
- Extensive knowledge of the MTSS process, procedures and policies as set forth by the state and district;
- Regular communication with parents through group newsletter or email sharing intervention updates and reading tips/resources for parents;
- Experienced in entering and interpreting data in Alpine, APAS, mClass, and Star data bases; and
- Flexibility in attending all MTSS and IEP meetings for students on reading specialist’s caseload.
- Create an atmosphere of trust and collaboration among staff to promote professional growth and accelerate the reading achievement of all students.
- Administer screening, progress monitoring, diagnostic and outcomes measures.
- Work with teachers on the administration and interpretation of assessment data to determine adequate progress or those in need of interventions of varying intensity as well as grouping for small needs-based groups as part of differentiated core instruction.
- Administer and interpret in-depth diagnostic measures or additional assessments commonly used in the school.
- Assist in the analysis of school-wide literacy strengths and weaknesses and formulate plans to improve student achievement in reading and teaching effectiveness.
- Collaborate with colleagues and the school community to enhance the teaching profession;
- Have a strong desire to extend learning experiences beyond the classroom;
- Identify student needs and collaborate with other staff members in assessing and aiding students to solve health, attitude, and learning problems;
- Maintain confidentiality of all student information for the purpose of protecting students, staff, parents and the District;
- Communicate with parents, classroom teachers, and school counselor on the individual student’s progress;
- Participate in curriculum and other programs within the school and/or on a district level;
- Participate in faculty meetings and committees;
- Monitor standardized tests.
- Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education.
- Acts consistently in ways that directly support the missions of Aspen Elementary School and the Aspen School District.
- Displays a willingness to learn new information.
- Possesses effective communication and strong listening skills.
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with students and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct.
- Formulates goals that reflect the organization’s strategic theme and include specific, measurable outcomes instead of just completing activities.
- Contributes actively to the goals and success of all teams and team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility (give and take) in team discussions, activities, and decision making.
- Maintains high ethical standards, legal responsibility, and confidentiality.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, sitting standing walking, and significant fine finger dexterity. The job is performed in a generally clean and comfortable environment.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 27, 2019 12:00 AM
(Mountain Standard Time)